• ...and so much more!
  • Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I vote battery. Mines a brushless 20v Dewalt and im not looking back. Plenty of power and plenty of runtime with a 5ah battery. I did pull the oem head off and throw it in the garbage in favor of one of those 3 blade deals and it absolutely plows through brush in hi like its nothing. I personally hate the whole bump feed thing, also straight shaft is a must.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is what I use when I need more than a line trimmer. I use it around the pasture fence for instance. Gives me reach, and it will cut anything that will go between those blades.
    1625229815446.png

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    been wondering about one of these for brush cutting/trimming aroung the pond. Its a steep slope in some places and I always feel like I might fall in :)
    This is what I use when I need more than a line trimmer. I use it around the pasture fence for instance. Gives me reach, and it will cut anything that will go between those blades.
    View attachment 146522

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    been wondering about one of these for brush cutting/trimming aroung the pond. Its a steep slope in some places and I always feel like I might fall in :)
    I imagine it would do great. It adjusts to all kinds of angles, and it pretty long, giving you a good reach

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am another eGo owner. I can tell you without a doubt that the batteries can do everything the gas can. I have a push mower, string trimmer with carbon fiber shaft, chain saw, blower, and a multi-tool with Tiller, Blade trimmer, and edger. Funny thing about the tools, is it is more cost effective to get a tool with a battery than to buy a battery.

What size line does your trimmer use?
    Using a .08" line that claims to be high durability but it seems to disappear any time it touches something.

I will have to investigate the Makita battery offering since I already have a number of their tools and batteries.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've had an Echo SRM-260S string trimmer with a solid shaft straight shaft for many years.
    It's been as trouble free as I could want.
    That said, I still hate string trimmers!

Top Bottom