• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    This is what I've run into.. The guy can get his hands on almost anything but I can't stand the cat and mouse game... He claims to match or beat prices but when you get there he jacks them up or tells you that the gun you saw at the other place isn't as good or isn't the same. He obviously isn't hurting for business and I've actually heard him on the phone tell people he's to busy to set appointments at this time. I still prefer to do business else where when possible as I too have had some issues with Ed.

My business has been, and will continue to be elsewhere. Ed runs under the assumption that he is the only individual in the world with "non-blem" guns, which according to him, are worth 10-fold a "blem" gun. This motto runs true with a pristine 1911 w/ out a single blemish...he'll tell you it has one.:laugh:

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    No store yet, but I was wondering if you could give me your contact info, and maybe some of your friends, because I'd make a killing off selling you anything at a higher price as long as I claim my apple is better than the guy down the street.

I'd love to buy a Colt model 1911. How many of those do you have?

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Did you make this account to troll? :):

So his guns are better because they cost more? What?! I'm glad he gives you the reach around when he's screwing you. I don't know him, but I'd say what I just said about any gun store that claims their guns are better than the competition's, especially if they are the exact same thing.

No, I made it to right some obvious misunderstandings. =)

1) You don't know him.
    2) Maybe you haven't read the discussion, but his guns aren't the same. They are better taken care of than the mishandled crap from other stores.

Nope, I've read the whole thread. You do realize most stores sell the display model at a discount after X amount of weeks/months/years after its been beaten up enough to warrant a discount right? That's why manufacturer "demo" guns are cheaper than their commercially available counterparts when they do show up. It's because they've been hauled around the country, beaten on, and shot a load of times. Once the company is done showing off the demo, it gets sold off.

Saying Ed's guns are better because they aren't beaten display guns is flawed logic as well. A reputable gun store isn't going to sell the floor model to you. They have stock in the back unless it was a used gun/police trade in/DEMO gun. That store down the street selling for less is giving you the same one Ed sells.

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Where do you buy your ammo from? I've got a nice box of wwb value pack in 9mm that I'd like to sell you for $55 bucks. I haven't let anyone take any out of the box so you know it's good quality.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    No, I made it to right some obvious misunderstandings. =)

1) You don't know him.
    2) Maybe you haven't read the discussion, but his guns aren't the same. They are better taken care of than the mishandled crap from other stores.

Likewise, bobjordan. Please open your pocket book to my "golden goose" guns. If you know your guns, you know how and where to look for blems, mishandled marks, barrel fouling, rust/cosmoline build up, etc...:ar15:

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Nope, I've read the whole thread. You do realize most stores sell the display model at a discount after X amount of weeks/months/years after its been beaten up enough to warrant a discount right? That's why manufacturer "demo" guns are cheaper than their commercially available counterparts when they do show up. It's because they've been hauled around the country, beaten on, and shot a load of times. Once the company is done showing off the demo, it gets sold off.

Saying Ed's guns are better because they aren't beaten display guns is flawed logic as well. A reputable gun store isn't going to sell the floor model to you. They have stock in the back unless it was a used gun/police trade in/DEMO gun. That store down the street selling for less is giving you the same one Ed sells.

1) I don't trust any stores other than Ed's to actually be honest about how long a gun has been on the floor, considering that some of those blems aren't always obvious. Certainly some are, but not all.
    2) You assume all gun stores are reputable, which they aren't. I don't trust that store down the street to be honest about the quality of the guns. Almost all of Ed's are zip-tied to prove that they haven't been tampered with.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    :dunno:
    1) I don't trust any stores other than Ed's to actually be honest about how long a gun has been on the floor, considering that some of those blems aren't always obvious. Certainly some are, but not all.
    2) You assume all gun stores are reputable, which they aren't. I don't trust that store down the street to be honest about the quality of the guns. Almost all of Ed's are zip-tied to prove that they haven't been tampered with.

Or he re-zip ties them after you handle the hell out of them....thoughts?

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Where do you buy your ammo from? I've got a nice box of wwb value pack in 9mm that I'd like to sell you for $55 bucks. I haven't let anyone take any out of the box so you know it's good quality.

You have one box? What an impressive selection. Not to mention the fact that almost all 1911s are 45 acp.

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    I wonder if Ed charges extra for the zip ties and maybe that's another reason for the price hike when you come in the store??

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    :dunno:

Or he re-zip ties them after you handle the hell out of them....thoughts?

You obviously have never met him. He would ask anyone to leave who had mishandled a gun. Anyone who knows Ed can tell you understand nothing you're talking about or suggesting. You just look foolish.

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    I've got several boxes of 45 too... I'll let those go for 79.99 and I have about 9 of those in stock currently

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    That's why you negotiate or ask to disassemble if you're really unsure. Maybe spending the extra $$$ make you comfortable. That's totally fine.

Sure, not all are reputable. I don't assume though mostly because we know what happens when you assume :D However, I trust the stores I frequent because I know I can get a good deal on a gun by negotiating and by doing a routine field strip. Even brand new never been unboxed guns can be defective :twocents:

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I wonder if Ed charges extra for the zip ties and maybe that's another reason for the price hike when you come in the store??

When they ensure that the product you receive is pristine, yes. I'd suggest you hop off this forum and learn some basic economics.

I understand clearly now why you have trouble working with Ed. I've only continued to remain active in this discussion due to my astonishment at your ignorance, but that ignorance is totally intolerable. If anyone believes this crap that you're spewing about Ed, then it's their loss. Everyone who is capable of doing business with Ed should do so.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You obviously have never met him. He would ask anyone to leave who had mishandled a gun. Anyone who knows Ed can tell you understand nothing you're talking about or suggesting. You just look foolish.

Let's further articulate then, Robbie. I said handle the hell out of, not mishandled. VERY big difference when it comes to guns. Also, if i do recall, you are promoting buying the same gun (in pristine condition) at a higher price just because a salesman makes you feel good. Shall we truly discuss knowledge as compared to foolishness?:rockwoot:

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Sure, not all are reputable. I don't assume though mostly because we know what happens when you assume :D However, I trust the stores I frequent because I know I can get a good deal on a gun by negotiating and by doing a routine field strip. Even brand new never been unboxed guns can be defective :twocents:

Ed doesn't negotiate. If your time is worth so little that it's in your best interest to negotiate then 1) I pity you and 2) Ed's time is worth incredibly more, and he's not interested in your business from as far as I can tell.

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    When they ensure that the product you receive is pristine, yes. I'd suggest you hop off this forum and learn some basic economics.

I understand clearly now why you have trouble working with Ed. I've only continued to remain active in this discussion due to my astonishment at your ignorance, but that ignorance is totally intolerable. If anyone believes this crap that you're spewing about Ed, then it's their loss. Everyone who is capable of doing business with Ed should do so.
    Did you read the other 20 or so people who left comments about the same complaints I've made or did you not read the whole thread as you accused someone else earlier?

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Let's further articulate then, Robbie. I said handle the hell out of, not mishandled. VERY big difference when it comes to guns. Also, if i do recall, you are promoting buying the same gun (in pristine condition) at a higher price just because a salesman makes you feel good. Shall we truly discuss knowledge as compared to foolishness?:rockwoot:

He doesn't allow any mishandling at all. I've seen plenty of other stores in Fort Wayne claim a gun was new when the last guy who had just walked out dry fired it. I'm not going to apologize for being suspicious. Ed simply wouldn't allow that.

bobjordan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Did you read the other 20 or so people who left comments about the same complaints I've made or did you not read the whole thread as you accused someone else earlier?

I did and wasn't surprised. The majority of their stories regarded price negotiating (just like you tried) after Ed explains that he doesn't do that. He did warn them...

Top Bottom