• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Oh look, who would have thought, another Union hater...

You sound like some of the other Union haters here, that didn't have the backbone to get through a Union Apprenticeship Program.

62% raise over the life of the contract, more to come in January 2025.
    Oh look another nut swinger that's never been ****ed by a union shutting down a plant because of their demands putting hundreds of people out of work. Another cheating left coast braggart. Awesome. Need more of those.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Oh look, who would have thought, another Union hater...

You sound like some of the other Union haters here, that didn't have the backbone to get through a Union Apprenticeship Program.

62% raise over the life of the contract, more to come in January 2025.
    I'm good. You can keep it. I'll keep my nice benefits and not get my hands dirty unless it's a fun project I want to do around the homestead.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yepper, I drank the Union Kool aid. :koolaid:
    How much is in your annuity and 401?
    and how much is your pension check again?
    And I'm the moronic one. :rofl:
    Well, as of last Saturday our total retirement funds available to us were just shy of 700k. Those won’t be available to us for another 10 years so we can hopefully expect that to double in its own, not counting what we put in bi-weekly.

The wife’s pension will net another $2900/mo starting in 6 years until both of us die. She was forced to pay dues for 15 years before the state made it a choice and not held hostage. Her dues cost her $2500/ year during that time.

So please tell me again how the only people with good retirements are union.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    So please tell me again how the only people with good retirements are union.
    Well Bobby, one thing that hasn't happened in these Union threads is none of us Union workers made any negative or disrespectful comments with all of those that choose to work non union.
    None of us has called anyone that works non union anything derogatory.

And that's with anything not just pensions.

You and a few others have constantly been the only bashers in these threads.
    I posted the local 34 money so nothing is hidden at all.

But since you ran you numbers here's what a Union Elevator Constructor out of the Local 34 INDY would have in his/her annuity with 30 years of working just 40 hrs a week with no interest added for that 30 years.

$10.10 an hour company paid into my annuit X 40 = $404.00 a week x 52
    Equals $21,000 a year at 40 hrs with no interest.
    At 30 years with working no overtime and still with no interest added that's
    $630.240 dollars in an annuity account.
    And remember those numbers aren't an amortization over 30 years with interest..

Our pension is $130.00 a month for every 1,700 hrs we work. I have in excess of over 30 credits.
    We also have the option of getting that employer matching 401 money over those years too. I did that too for 30 years.
    I also get SS that pays me more than your wife's pension.

It's not that you don't have a good retirement account. Some of us here chose different paths to suck up the apprenticeship program and work a Union blue collar career that comes with a much better retirement package than your 700 grand 401 plan.

Now add interest and 5 -15 hours a week overtime.
    Oh and I worked construction, so after 8 or 40 hrs we went to double time pay.

Edit
    I'm not a money person, I pay someone to take care of my money.

Your money might be tough to double in the next ten years, We will see. What do you plan on spending when you all retire? 40-60 thou a year? Or more in 10 years?
    I easily can live on my pension and my SS checks. Even with my .onthly costs going up 30 to 40% in the last 2-3 years im good.
    Most likely I will never have to touch my 401, annuity or savings.
    And I've said it before here, working that Union job/career was a good move that I was talked into doing.

Most here are bashing something they really know nothing about.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Quite enough, and I've been retired for 12 years and already vested in another pension.

But that's not the measure of a moron.

Taylor Swift is worth way more than you are. Make of that what you will, Einstein.

:):

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Like I said before. Who cares if elections are rigged, funds are embezzled and people are murdered. As long as you get yours it’s hear no evil see no evil.

Believe me. We understand loud and clear.

Top Bottom