• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    First off, this is not meant to be a "Yay for Me!" thread. But as I've went through the last 8 years of my life (I'm only 26), I've been astonished at how many people I've been in school with, interned with, etc. that have been Eagle Scouts along with me.

I know unequivocally that when I was hired as a Co-op (type of intern at Purdue) with another guy and a girl, that being Eagle Scouts were probably one of the main reasons both me and him were brought on. A handful of fraternity brothers in school were also Eagle Scouts which I didn't learn until well after I joined and pledged.

So with that said, how many Eagle Scouts do we have here? Just curious.

I'll start with 1.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, I guess since you're an Eagle Scout too I can't hold being a Boilermaker against ya! ;)

Eagle Scout awarded 1996. First Eagle in my hometown. My Project was working with a couple other would be Eagle's. They were cleaning up the town for a beautification and historical project and I promoted the town with a website. I kept the website running until I moved a year later. I think the website lasted for another year before a fellow scout gave up on it. They now have a much nicer website but is not what I had shaped and founded on.

This is the Website they have now. I worked close with the town to build the website, but I focused more on the parks, the historical sites, and they history of the town. This following website is a COMPLETE change from what I had done.

Home - Owensville, Indiana

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    First off, this is not meant to be a "Yay for Me!" thread. But as I've went through the last 8 years of my life (I'm only 26), I've been astonished at how many people I've been in school with, interned with, etc. that have been Eagle Scouts along with me.

I know unequivocally that when I was hired as a Co-op (type of intern at Purdue) with another guy and a girl, that being Eagle Scouts were probably one of the main reasons both me and him were brought on. A handful of fraternity brothers in school were also Eagle Scouts which I didn't learn until well after I joined and pledged.

So with that said, how many Eagle Scouts do we have here? Just curious.

I'll start with 1.

2002 Eagle Here.

What did you guys do for your project?

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Well, Since Savage Eagle trumped me as far as details....I being the OP better even up. Whoops! He just officially asked.

Eagle Scout Awarded in 2001. Project was building a number of picnic benches for a school for the metally and physically handicapped children a couple towns over in Illinois. One of the mother's of two of my fellow scouts was a counselor/psycologist on staff there and would come up with countless eagle projects for aspiring scouts. She even had a line on a grandmother of a child there who was willing to fund any project, no questions asked.

The benches were glad with the 2x6 fiberboard that wouldn't splinter. They weighed a TON...

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    enjoyed my time as a cub scout and boy scout, never quite made it to eagle though. congrats to you that did, it is a good organization.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Made OA but only barely missed Eagle. I ran out of time. I just had to do a project, I had figured one out but hadn't been able to get together the materials yet. A member of my church that was on the district's board managed to get me a 2 week extention after my 18th bday. But one of those weeks my family went on vacation so I still couldn't get it done. :(

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Eagle 1977, Vigil honor OA, My project was to landscape our public library. Raised funds through donations. Interestingly enough that project lead to my career choice in commercial landscaping.

Oh yea and a Boilermaker too!!

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Eagle Scout, Firecrafter, OA. Was fortunate enough to attend National Jamboree and Philmont. Project was painting, residing and building shelves in two storage barns at a local elementary school.

Troop 276 Castleton UMC

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Congrats everyone who made Eagle. A second Congrats to all those who achieved Vigil. I only made it to Brotherhood, but was working on Vigil when I moved.

If anyone was ever a Counselor at Old Ben Scout Reservation, I may have some information of interest to you.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    +1 Eagle here. Know for certain it was a factor in getting my first real job. Three of us in my current dept. are Eagles (out of a department of 8, 5 of whom are male). Don't think it made any difference last time.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Awarded 1998. Raised money to buy supplies to build wheelchair ramps and other disability access remodels for the church shelterhouse we used for Troop meetings and for 3 houses in the neighborhood where the residents had trouble getting in and out of the house.

fst aslp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Zionsville, IN
    Brotherhood OA as well. My Eagle project was to build self maintaining nature trails in our sponsor church's back woods. Also built a Fire pit with benches and wood Roofed Wood racks that were built to OSHA Standards. I am not kidding, if there were a tornado in that town I would chain myself to those racks.

D.B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Avon
    Eagle Scout 1987. Project was cleaning up the once abandoned cemetery on the grounds of Camp Dellwood off Girls School Rd. Troop 510 Pike Township.

johnh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Mooresville, IN
    Brotherhood OA, and eagle here, I painted bridges and the courthouse in my home town. Gave me a free rank when I joined the army. Congrats to all the others

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom