• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Recently Taurus lost a fat suit in Iowa over their defective semi-auto line of handguns. We now have a video of various Taurus handguns firing after being dropped.

TRIGGER WARNING (pun intended)/SAFE SPACE ADVISORY: this will upset and possibly be considered a microaggression to INGO exspurts who have told us that guns can only go bang with fingers on triggers.

Taurus drop test video - The Firearm Blog

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    :)

206134.jpg

Mods!!!! Kirk is quoting Jeff Cooper scripture again!!!!!

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    While the video is interesting, the trigger pull on mine is not some lightweight thing that dropping it is going to make it depress. That and the safety keeps the trigger disengaged.

I have ate read where some of the Millineum pistols did have non working safeties. Maybe these had lightened riggers and non-functioning safeties? Just seems to be missing information.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Looks to me like the models in the videos don't have an external safety. Unless it's a revolver, I've never trusted models from any manufacturer that don't have an external safety and a way I can see for myself that the hammer is blocked from the firing pin. I'm not sticking up for Taurus here, just saying I need more than a vague assurance that "internal safeties" make the gun safe.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Looks to me like the models in the videos don't have an external safety. Unless it's a revolver, I've never trusted models from any manufacturer that don't have an external safety and a way I can see for myself that the hammer is blocked from the firing pin. I'm not sticking up for Taurus here, just saying I need more than a vague assurance that "internal safeties" make the gun safe.

Watch the second video on the page. Safety on and still fires. That is scary!

Top Bottom