• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I hadn't seen this video posted. Since we're not talking about Indy anymore, figured I'd post it here...

[video=youtube;PKXt4m7yqb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKXt4m7yqb8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Didnt a policy by our president FDR do this??? Should we erase him from everything? Trust me I dont like the guy but you see my point??

Executive Order 9066, signed by St. Franklin Delano of Hyde Park on 19 February 1942.

Maybe we should take his image off of the dime?

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I think South's dedication of (and to) memorials rings differently to my ears. To mix metaphors, I see them as mostly a middle finger to the North. Their words provide thin veneer for their policies that necessitated the War.

I do not doubt the heroism, bravery, and loyalty of their soldiers. Some of my ancestors are counted among them (although more for the Union, if we're keeping track). But to memorialize those qualities within that army immediately calls to mind what they were fighting for. That should figure prominently in any memorial to them, but as that site points out, no one even talked about it.

I do believe that a large number of the monuments to Confederate Soldiers have the soldier facing north, as if to confront “the Northern Aggressors”.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    I hadn't seen this video posted. Since we're not talking about Indy anymore, figured I'd post it here...
    [video=youtube;PKXt4m7yqb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKXt4m7yqb8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

while technically assault, probably a slight over-reaction.

that being said, i wouldn't have nearly as much reserve as half the cops i've seen dealing with all these turds.

i wouldn't want to kill them, but if i had one of those crowd control 'mega-ray' things that makes you feel like your head is going to explode...i'd probably turn it up to 11 and go have a coffee/donut break.

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    So $100,000 will be spent to remove a monument to men who died seeking independence for their country.

Not even the dead are safe from progressives. What's next? Digging up their remains at Crown Hill?

The next will be our Stars And Stripes, it will become more offensive to them. They will want to replace it with the Rainbow flag.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My point is that by denying that particular history, a concerted effort by the government indoctrination complex, is one reason we are in the mess we are in today.

All I ever learned in school was that northern carpetbaggers are the reason that the South never recovered.

The wishes of President Lincoln and President Grant for reconstruction were nothing but window dressing. The KKK black laws weren`t even mentioned.

Today many people believe that Democrats have always been the party of the oppressed slaves. They believe that the Civil Rights Amendment was the work of LBJ and the Democrats.

The problem is that we need to teach history not erase it.

Teaching history would be a nice change.
    But now changing history is all that is allowed.
    During the 1950's rewriting history went even further on steroids with government control of publishers and news processing (reporting, printing, etc). What some of the writers even back then had to say about it was scary.

And if anyone can "handle the truth" as they say, here's a nice presentation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364cxeR5EAg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The next will be our Stars And Stripes, it will become more offensive to them. They will want to replace it with the Rainbow flag.

But the Gay Pride events have been canceled now, so there is a dilemma.

440uny.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

It only stands to reason that the red, white, and blue flag has to go. After all, it "flew over" exponentially more slaves than the confederate flag ever did.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe.

"Solve" might be too strong a word, but "contribute" to a solution might be better.

I don't completely understand the motivation for monuments to the losing side of that war, but that's just me.

So guessing you don't understand why those killed at The Alamo are revered, either? USS Indianapolis? Probably not Masada, either. It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you conducted yourself in battle. Robert E Lee was quite the man, and no amount of retconning will ever change that

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Actually in the past there was a mindset to honor both sides, to heal the reconstituted republic.
    But now... now the idea is this.

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history."
    George Orwell

Top Bottom