• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I've been using an Omega Pro 48 recently. I had been using badger, but I wanted a bigger brush. It is, in my opinion, the best value in a shaving brush available. Here it is compared to a regularly sized badger:

displayimage.php

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I've settled on Murkur razors and Astra blades
    badger brushes but I am still searching for my best shaving cream. Tried a few, like some

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I decided to try some of the feather blades as I'm feeling pretty confident at this point. I ordered a 10 pack off of Amazon on the 29th and receive an email stating they had shipped on the 30th with an estimated delivery date of May 27th - June 10th!!!!

I know DHL has never really made it past "also ran" status but wow!!

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I decided to try some of the feather blades as I'm feeling pretty confident at this point. I ordered a 10 pack off of Amazon on the 29th and receive an email stating they had shipped on the 30th with an estimated delivery date of May 27th - June 10th!!!!

The ship from Asia usually. I get mine from Japan or Singapore.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Same boat. I ordered some over 3 weeks ago and am still waiting. I wish there had been some clue before hand, I would have payed a little more elsewhere. I really like the Derby Extras of as well and I can have 100 of those at my door in 3-4 days for $12. Only thing holding me back is wanting to try Feathers again befor making the jump to bulk.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've settled on Murkur razors and Astra blades
    badger brushes but I am still searching for my best shaving cream. Tried a few, like some

I'm loving TOBS Sandalwood and Proraso Preshave. I've only tried a couple other creams/soaps though.

We should get this thread retitled the "INGO Wetshavers" thread.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I switched over to Feathers a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I like them, and I would also say the warnings about them are probably a bit overstated. I don't do any special prep and haven't gotten a nick yet, and they do a great job with a single pass as long as you maintain your angle correctly. Fantastic blades.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I switched over to Feathers a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I like them, and I would also say the warnings about them are probably a bit overstated. I don't do any special prep and haven't gotten a nick yet, and they do a great job with a single pass as long as you maintain your angle correctly. Fantastic blades.

Try the Feathers in a more aggressive razor and see if the warnings aren't well-founded.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Today is the last day of the 1 week window I was given for my Feathers to be delivered after the month of "processing". I hope they arrive, because I'm out of Derbys and these Sharks suck!

As for the "aggressiveness" see post 81. That was only my second DE shave, so hopefully the month of shaving since then has improved my technique. I've gotten pretty good with the Derbys though.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Today is the last day of the 1 week window I was given for my Feathers to be delivered after the month of "processing". I hope they arrive, because I'm out of Derbys and these Sharks suck!

As for the "aggressiveness" see post 81. That was only my second DE shave, so hopefully the month of shaving since then has improved my technique. I've gotten pretty good with the Derbys though.

Agree about the sharks, never did care for them. Did you ever get to try the Astras? I've got a ton and will send you some if you want until your Feathers get shipped.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Chezuki, I also have a bulk pack of Astras that I can easily send you a couple 5-packs if you wish to try them.

I also have some of the Personna Labs (blue box) I can send, if you want to try those. They are the longest lasting blade I've used yet, and still about as sharp as the Astras (they flex less and seem a little thicker)

If your beard is super tough stuff, then the Personnas might be a good fit for you. PM me your info if you wish to try a bunch.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Red, green, or white? I really like the tingle of the green pre/post balm.

I used both the green tub and the red tube.

I think the Red is a little better. The Sandalwood smell is an acquired taste (I like it now), and it seems a little slicker than the green. I get less of a 'shiny face' from the Red (removing all skin oils).

There's just now way to avoid having to try a bunch of this stuff.

I had great results with Mitchell's Wool Fat, but some folks say it's hard to lather. I have a softener and stiff boar brush, so no probs here-- and it smells mild and wonderful.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Chezuki, I also have a bulk pack of Astras that I can easily send you a couple 5-packs if you wish to try them.

I also have some of the Personna Labs (blue box) I can send, if you want to try those. They are the longest lasting blade I've used yet, and still about as sharp as the Astras (they flex less and seem a little thicker)

If your beard is super tough stuff, then the Personnas might be a good fit for you. PM me your info if you wish to try a bunch.
    I appreciate the offer, but JD is sending me some Feathers and I just bought a 10 pack of Personnas at the drug store to get me by. FWIW, I shaved with a Personna this morning and was pretty impressed with them!

I used both the green tub and the red tube.

I think the Red is a little better. The Sandalwood smell is an acquired taste (I like it now), and it seems a little slicker than the green. I get less of a 'shiny face' from the Red (removing all skin oils).

There's just now way to avoid having to try a bunch of this stuff.

I had great results with Mitchell's Wool Fat, but some folks say it's hard to lather. I have a softener and stiff boar brush, so no probs here-- and it smells mild and wonderful.

I really like the Proraso "pre/post". It gives a nice tingle and seems to promote a really close shave, but I've yet to try any of their shaving creams. I've been using (and loving) Taylor of Old Bond Street sandalwood cream.

I think I am going to order a couple sample packs of shaving creams just so I can try a few without spending a ton of money. TOBS seems to have 12 different varieties! :faint:

I told my wife I got into this to "save money"... She's gonna kill me.

Top Bottom