• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    When I shot my new Kahr Arms MK40 this past week I found it to shoot several inches low at 25 feet. I had to set my sight about 3" above the center to get in the 10 ring. Seeing that there is no up and down adjustment I wonder what my options are.

I asked two other Kahr owners how theirs shot and both said low. Any other Kahr owners see this with their guns?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I asked two other Kahr owners how theirs shot and both said low. Any other Kahr owners see this with their guns?

No. Every Kahr pistol I've owned (K9, P9, MK9, K40, K40 Elite) has been right on the money.

Seeing that there is no up and down adjustment I wonder what my options are.

Try taking as much of yourself out of the equation as possible. Shoot the gun off a rest or sandbag, or try having someone else shoot it, to verify the problem. Also try changing ammo. If the problem persists (i.e. it's not "just you" or confined to one particular type of ammo), contact Kahr customer service and let them know what's going on. They'll more than likely have you send the gun in so they can make it right.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    The training guy isnt going to say something about grip or trigger control? :DNo offense intended to Dick, but it seems unlikely to need to file a new gun.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Really don't think so

No. Not to get personal, but are you jerking it?

I also had my Walters P99c in 40SW and a 22 revolver I shot and did not have a problem. I ever rested my hands on the shelf and had to put the sights above the 10 to make center. I will shoot again next week and bring a pistol rest with me. I stripped and cleaned the gun and maybe I should have done that before shooting it for the first time. I am not as steady as I was twenty years ago but I was consistantly low so it can't be all me. JMHO

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Guns don't shoot low. People shoot low.

I have the same problem with my Kel-Tec PF9. I think it's me, since my son can put it right on the money.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The CW-40 that I used to own shot point of aim...

It shot low when I'd anticipate the recoil, that's for sure.

-J-

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    sounds like a plan

Well, if you continue to have trouble, I'd have someone else shoot it just to be sure. I suppose its possible it came from the factory with a problem.

I planned on asking someone else to do a mag on a fresh target and see how they do.

It could be me as I am not "Mr. Target Shooter" for sure but I did not have a problem with my Wathers which is also a small 40SW so of course I am looking at a gun problem. Can't be me...:D

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    The training guy isnt going to say something about grip or trigger control? :DNo offense intended to Dick, but it seems unlikely to need to file a new gun.

good one, josh.;) seriously, i guess i assumed the op shot the pistol from a rested, secure position to see if it was the regulation of the sights or the shooter. we all see sights slightly differently. near/farsighted, astigmatism etc, can cause sights that work for one shooter as is, need some adjustment for another. in addition, the mechanical fit of the pistol will have some effect. for instance, a rather extreme fix for a 1911 is to fit the barrel bushing to adjust the point of impact.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I "dot the I" and place the front sight directly where I want the bullet to go with the bar and dot sights in my CW9, and it's right on the money. Its very similar to XS sights.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Second Kahr MK40 range report

I brought my Kahr MK40 back to PopGuns yesterday and had two other people besides myself shoot the gun and everyone had the same results; the gun shoots several inches low at 25 feet. I even brought a pistol bench rest and got more consistent results but they were still two to three inches low. I just installed a SS guide rod but that did not make a change from what I observed. I guess it is not operator error after all. :D

Top Bottom