Does Wal-Mart think we are stupid? Or ignorant?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The real scam is convincing people that grass fed beef...with less marbled fat is somehow better. In fact, that pretty much goes for any "lean" beef.
    And just feeding grass or grass hay should be cheaper than the cost of grain, yet consumers have been convinced it is better. But in all my years of meat shopping I never had a mommy take the steak I was waiting for, they always took the pretty all red one, I wanted the marbled one. :lmfao:

Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    This might sound like i should wear a tinfoil hat but. . I'm lactose intolerant. Great value peanut butter doesn't list dairy as an ingredient, but eat it a few days in a row and im passing blood. (If that's tmi i'm sorry). So i slowly figured that out, then wondered what else they lie about.... I physically feel better since I quit living off of great value brand products. I dont know if it is on purpose or negligence but i think there is a lot of garbage in walmart food that is not labeled.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And just feeding grass or grass hay should be cheaper than the cost of grain, yet consumers have been convinced it is better. But in all my years of meat shopping I never had a mommy take the steak I was waiting for, they always took the pretty all red one, I wanted the marbled one. :lmfao:
    You are very correct sir. Pretty much every steak is better with marbling. The filet mignon is pretty decent without it because it's a muscle that never gets used, but still better with some added fat.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...i think there is a lot of garbage in walmart food that is not labeled.
    I have too much faith in the greed of the plaintiff's bar to believe adulteration (the legal term) of Walmart food is widespread. I easily believe that the ingredients are of the lowest quality, but I have a hard time believing there are unlabeled ingredients....but it's certainly possible.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I have too much faith in the greed of the plaintiff's bar to believe adulteration (the legal term) of Walmart food is widespread. I easily believe that the ingredients are of the lowest quality, but I have a hard time believing there are unlabeled ingredients....but it's certainly possible.
    I would not see purposely contaminated. Mainly they are looking for a cheaper product, which may not always be low quality.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I get most of my high-end steaks (ribeye, NY strip, filet) now from Moody's butcher shop. It's quite pricey but worth it to me since I don't eat steaks too often and all their beef is local to Indiana sourced.

For all other beef products I like Costco, decent meat for the price. Chuck roast, bottom roast, ground beef, flat iron, etc.

I really miss Marsh. I'd go in there and ask for the oldest, dry, slightly crusty steaks left in the case and get a discount. Can't beat a steak that's been dry aging for most of a week and still perfectly good, but no one else wanted them because of how they look.

Only thing I get at Wally World are the 12qt boxes of Mobil 1. No better deal out there than that, ~$60 a box and that's 2 oil changes for the Corvette. I get cases of WIX filters from amazon for cheap too.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    The real scam is convincing people that grass fed beef...with less marbled fat is somehow better. In fact, that pretty much goes for any "lean" beef.

Corn is a grass plant so truthfully I could say, "yes they are grass fed". But I know what they mean so I explain it to them. People that don't know what they are talking about and riding the latest fad, generally are trouble and I don't deal with them.

Top Bottom