Does anyone know a good gunsmith who can blue a 1911 frame and slide for my project?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rosenbah

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2021
    Springfield, OH
    I'm working on a 1911 build and my frame and slide are raw steel. I'd prep the frame (any suggestions welcome) but think a smith with experience would do a better job bluing than my poor skill set. I'd appreciate any suggestions for a good bluing guy. Thanks guys! Great forum!

Oro

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    You can ship that anywhere, so no need to think about locally. This guy has had good prices and good work liked by many.

If you aren't wedded to blue, but could entertain nickel or a very durable hard chroming (it is not bright), Ron Mahovsky in PA cannot be beat on the price/quality trade off:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You can ship that anywhere, so no need to think about locally. This guy has had good prices and good work liked by many.

If you aren't wedded to blue, but could entertain nickel or a very durable hard chroming (it is not bright), Ron Mahovsky in PA cannot be beat on the price/quality trade off:

Those are actually pretty good prices for bluing, especially if you send parts already prepped.

Top Bottom