Does anyone else OCing get asked if their LE?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    Never been asked if I am a LEO and have only ever had one person, a kid at Wal-Mart, even notice my .45 on my hip. I don't know why, but people don't notice very often. I am ex-Air Force and keep my hair cut in a flat-top, so I guess I kind of look official or something.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    See there, I knew it would happen. I just posted that I have never been asked if I am a LEO, then today on the way home from work I stopped at the local convenience store and the fellow ahead of me in line looked back and saw my gun then asked "County or State?" I said "Neither, just an ordinary civilian with a license to carry." He said, "Not a bad idea these days, if I didn't need to travel through Illinois all the time I'd do that too."

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I would LOVE a double soulder holster but I need matching 1911s, duh :D
    Matching? No... Similar... Yes.

I.e. the common person isn't going to know the difference between two different black guns [unless, they themselves are enthusiasts as well].

It is the standard Bianchi brown holster, very similar the the Galco Miami II with the wider straps.
    I'll have to look - been looking for a good shoulder holster for those times when I'm on the bike.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Matching? No... Similar... Yes.

I.e. the common person isn't going to know the difference between two different black guns [unless, they themselves are enthusiasts as well].

I don't give a crap about anyone else... I would feel silly not carrying matching pistols. :rolleyes: :D

ETA: Even General Patton rarely carried his Colt and his S&W together despite the movies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I don't give a crap about anyone else... I would feel silly not carrying matching pistols. :rolleyes: :D
    OCD Much? :)

You know what I'm going to have to do now... right... Once I'm rich I'll have to order a pair of Wilson Combat Supergrades that match so I can make you jealous :). Maybe I'll ask them for custom serials ... MikeDVB1 and MikeDVB2?

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I open carry everywhere and have never been asked about being a LEO. It must be the tats and beard and long hair.And maybe my Harley.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

apfroggy0408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Franklin
    In New Mexico you can OC without a permit so that's what I did. I did it often and although I got a few looks no one ever approached me and questioned me. Carried in many places like Best Buy and many fast food restaurants.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    I get asked every once in a while. I have found that wearing certain attire leads to that question more.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wearing a ex-Chicago PD leather or a Joe Rocket Army jacket the assumption can easily be made. I dig the cool factor tho...

Joe_Rocket_Army_Flak_Jacket_Black-Grey_rollover.jpg

Could be confused for body armor.

When asked if I'm LE I've been known to reply "why... did you wanna turn yourself in? ". Or something along the lunes of "me, police? No ... I scored high on the civil service exam so they made me a fireman. " :)

Top Bottom