• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Daniel Low made alot of post civil war military and novelity buckles, his company was also a big competator of Tiffany & co during the late 1800s-early 1900s your buckle is probably one of his later pieces. he had 2-3 KKK buckles his most infamous was a buckle with Klansman holding a bible and standing in front of a US flag with a burning cross off to the side. as far as its value...it has very little value unless its silver? then it would be worth a bit in melt value. Id say $25-30 would be a realistic value.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know this is the break room, but I think this is strongly not the site for a post like this. If you google INGO kkk, or anything close this thread comes up. Bad affiliation IMHO.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I agree with the consensus here: Even the concept of tying INGO with anything EVEN REMOTELY associated (even "just collecting") is sort of "meh".

Try WhiteStorm or similar racist garbage forums. Heck, they will probably host an auction for that kind of crap...

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    How about the simple reverence for history? Right or wrong, it is history. I have no patience for the ignorance or ideaology that surrounds the aforementioned group, but it is a part of American history, as is The Civil War, WWII, and many other tragic, sad, or repulsive episodes of thought and behavior. I am however fascinated with history. Just because you watch the history channel about people and events, or come across interesting artifacts, it doesn't imply complacency, agreement, nor affiliation.

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree with the consensus here: Even the concept of tying INGO with anything EVEN REMOTELY associated (even "just collecting") is sort of "meh".

Try WhiteStorm or similar racist garbage forums. Heck, they will probably host an auction for that kind of crap...
    I respectfully disagree.
    Anything deemed inappropriate in the guidelines should be adhered to. But I'm not seeing this falling under advocating racism or anything like that.
    If the administrators of the site feel it (the site) goes dangerously close to being associated with skin heads and the like, they can take action of course.

But anything under the sun could be discussed in Breakroom. The last thing I would like to see is people getting their own classified category for such vile groups. And I seriously doubt anything like that will ever happen.

If I were to read in the paper tomorrow, "INGO Members predominately racist!" well, that would be just silly. The media has been know to do some ridiculous things, but I don't see it happening.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Guys, can we keep this thread on-topic, please? If anyone has any further information about the origins or value of the belt buckle in question, post up. If you want to discuss the history and merits or lack thereof of the KKK, start a new thread... preferably elsewhere.

Thanks.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    First off, I am NOT a supporter! Never was, Never will be.

I came across an old brass belt buckle that has a picture of a klansman chopping down a tree with 3 people in it??? very detailed. On the back it has a witch flying on a broom and says "daniel low & co. salem, mass. witch". Also says "Imperial order of the ku klux klan" "designed by rev. branford clark".

Google returned limeted results. Any ideas how old this could be? value?
    Some pictures would be great...please? Interesting stuff. I spent several years living in the deep south and I'm fascinated by the history.

Should you decide to sell it...drop me a PM. You don't have to be a member to be interested in it for it's historical value.. :twocents:

sswheeler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Indy
    Sorry If I offended anyone. I just wanted to find some info and what better place than a public forum filled with friends. I do not want ingo linked to the klan anymore than anyone else but like it or not its American History.

MODS: Please remove this thread if need be. Thank you

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    I would try an antique dealer or an art dealer to assess value, if any.

On a side note, I enjoy viewing quality craftsmanship, regardless of its affiliation.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Sorry If I offended anyone. I just wanted to find some info and what better place than a public forum filled with friends. I do not want ingo linked to the klan anymore than anyone else but like it or not its American History.

MODS: Please remove this thread if need be. Thank you

We will, if need be. At present, there is no need. ;)

You're asking about a belt buckle, not burning crosses.

Blessings,
    Bill

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    What history ? They came from Kentucky and when their trucks broke down they put them up on blocks and built houses behind them . :lmfao:
    :noway: useless post

anyway pics would help, you can usually try e-bay to price watch and find out the history of items

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom