• Do you wear your seatbelt?

• Total voters

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I always wear it and when im driving with other people in the car I only start the engine once everybody is wearing it.
    I dont care if they want to wear it or not.If they are not wearing one they put my life at risk too.
    I have been in a couple of rollovers.If you dont wear your seatbelt as the car is rolling over at high speed you can break your neck, get ejected from the car and be cut in half as the car is spinning, get crushed by the weight of any passenger who's not wearing his seatbelt etc.
    Also if someone is sitting behind you on the rear seat, without wearing a seatbelt, you can get killed by their weight combined with the G force of the crash.
    That's a weight of several thousand pounds hitting the back of your seat.

JM_edmunds.5.500.jpg

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I honestly don't even think about putting it on anymore. I just do it out of habit. A few months ago my guy was putting a new interior in his truck. He had it pretty much all finished and we took it to go somewhere. Turns out he didn't re-install the passenger seatbelt. I felt so awkward that I made him fix it before we left. I just don't feel right without one.

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    When I first started driving, it was second nature to put it on. Now for some reason I hardly put it on but know that I should. My nephews and niece were on a school bus that rolled a month or so ago and only one kid was seriously injured (i believe is ok now) and one had a broken arm so that was a miracle that noone was hurt worse with no seat belts.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I always have since before it was the law, mostly because I had to ride in the car with me driving, which used to be scarier than it is now. You get anecdotal evidence of people being fine without versus those that weren't with, but that's all it is, anecdotal. You're better off with.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I always wear it and when im driving with other people in the car I only start the engine once everybody is wearing it.
    I dont care if they want to wear it or not.If they are not wearing one they put my life at risk too.
    I have been in a couple of rollovers.If you dont wear your seatbelt as the car is rolling over at high speed you can break your neck, get ejected from the car and be cut in half as the car is spinning, get crushed by the weight of any passenger who's not wearing his seatbelt etc.
    Also if someone is sitting behind you on the rear seat, without wearing a seatbelt, you can get killed by their weight combined with the G force of the crash.
    That's a weight of several thousand pounds hitting the back of your seat.

JM_edmunds.5.500.jpg

I was in a roll-over once and I didn't have a seatbelt on (younger, stupid days). I didn't even spill my drink.

It was a large Coke from McDonalds. Stop it with your assumptions.:):

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    I was always against wearing it until I started drag racing and saw a couple bad crashes that people walked away from at speeds over 160mph. I've always been a rebel when forced to do things but in my opinion it's stupid not to wear it, I have a family that relies on me and can't take the chance of being crippled or killed because of my pride.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Funny story about this. I am a firm believer that it is none of the state's business and am not convinced of the validity of the safety argument. Further, I am satisfied that any accident big enough to get to me in the semi I drive most of the time is going to be sufficiently severe that the seatbelt will be irrelevant to my personal outcome and big enough for those concerned about me staying in my seat that there won't be a chance in the universe of recovering control of the vehicle.

That said, I was not in the habit of wearing a seatbelt. The law didn't persuade me, tickets didn't persuade me, a handful of state troopers in a crowded restaurant having a good laugh at my expense over my seatbelt tickets didn't persuade me. Finally, one day the subject came up while talking to my boss' s daughter. She wouldn't let me off the hook until I promised her that I would wear one from then one. Can't wiggle out of that, so now I wear one religiously.

Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    I do not wear mine. Even after surviving a roll over accident (unbelted) on 41 this summer near Veedersburgh. I dont wear a helmet on my Harley either. :dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    What is really cute is a motorcycle cop ticketing a driver for not having a seatbelt on...Since the cop is clearly safer on a bike than someone else is un-belted in a vehicle.

Da law iz da law, right?

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    If you've got anyone that depends on you, or anyone that cares for you or vice versa, its pretty freaking stupid not to wear a seatbelt. All the "I got in a wreck without one and I was fine!" stories are highly untypical, so you guys are lucky lucky lucky. Don't roll the dice again. You will lose.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Always in the wifes Liberty. (The little bell drives me crazy) Always in my Wrangler. Rarely in my F350. Does anyone else shake their head at the news media's reporting of fatalities? "The victim hit a tree at 120 mph, and was killed instantly. Police say he was not wearing his helmet" Or, "the victims ford focus hit a semi head on, police say he was not wearing a seatbelt".

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you've got anyone that depends on you, or anyone that cares for you or vice versa, its pretty freaking stupid not to wear a seatbelt. All the "I got in a wreck without one and I was fine!" stories are highly untypical, so you guys are lucky lucky lucky. Don't roll the dice again. You will lose.

:+1:

Top Bottom