Do YOU think it's a good idea to post pictures/lists of the firearms you own?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Look at the thread title.

• Total voters

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Eh . . . . . Only 1 INGOer actually knows where I live.

Same here, and he is in the USMC at Quantico. I probably do not have anything to worry about, beyond the .gov gorillas in the black uniforms showing up to confiscate everything after tornado rips through town—all in the interest of public safety, or course.

If they know what you have, someday they WILL come for it. The day may be sooner than we think if this current administration manages to steal another election, or postpone it by declaring martial law, or burning down the Congress building and having the select group of legistators appoint him president for life———wait, that was Germany in 1933-34. Can't happen here, so go ahead and post up all those firearms.

Add purple as needed.:)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Just do what I and my wife do. We live in a huge motor home and never spend two nights in the same state! We're always on the [STRIKE]run[/STRIKE] road.

Don't own a cell phone, gps, and only use an old Sunoco US road map from 1968 to determine our daily route. I only connect to the web via sat-net and only on random days and times.

At night we park out in the boonies and I set out my claymores and trip lines after I've determined my firing lanes for the infra-red triggered full-auto .50 cals. (no matter how many times one hears the .50's go off in the middle of the night it still makes you set up wide eyed in bed, but trust me we've never shot anything we didn't eat!)

Even if I told everyone what our motor home looked like you couldn't find it because I change all the camo decals daily to blend in with our enviro.

If ya can find me, fool my infra-red full auto .50's and then get past the trip wired claymores you still have to get through all the armor plate before you can get in...then you have to get past MoFo our guard grizzly and my wife and her sawed off 10 guage...then there's me with my thumb taped to a dead-mans switch so if I loose my grip the whole motor home goes off because of the half ton of C-4 built into it's chassis.

If you're still alive and breathing after all of that you can have whats left of my Marlin model 60 that I keep in my under the bed safe...if the safe will open that is.

Well, I better shut down my sat-net connection and spoof my IP again and adjust my tin foil hat just in case some 5 year old girl might be skip tracing my sat connection!

I like your style.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If someone can connect your INGO handle to you personally, it makes you a potential target for robbery. If you ever end up on the wrong side of a band of lawyers and you can be connected to your INGO advertised collection, it gives them ammunition. It does not matter if they are a govt funded band or if you've ticked off the HOA president, it could lead to your being branded as a dangerous person with an arsenal, just looking for the target to use it on.

If the govt does move to register weapons, it would not be too difficult for them to pick out folks with advertised collections, subpoena INGO for identifying info, then come to your house for an interview.

If you wife looks at the INGO website one day after you left it up on the computer and then runs across your publicly posted inventory, you could find yourself at odds with all of the above as you move through various stages of divorce.

On the upside, posting your stuff can impress a bunch of folks you don't know, and most likely will never know.

It's all a moot point for me though, as I have nothing worth posting. Nobody would be impressed with my stories of what I used to own, but had to sell to pay for the kids college.

Tradition

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    I emailed a guy about an ad on classifiedarms.com for a hand gun (I didn't know him) his reply included details and everything I asked for but he also included a photo of his ENTIRE collection. I thought that was odd to share, unsolicited, with a complete stranger. I would never do it. I don't consider myself paranoid, but theres no reason to share that much.

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    You mean like these?

GSLJunk2012.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't like the idea of gun owners being ashamed of show and tell when it comes to what we have. There's nothing illegal about owning guns and maybe if more gun owners would man up and talk about there'd be less of a stigma about owning guns.

I've posted pictures of guns for sale in the classifides, but I consider that to be the lowest form of an OPSEC violation if there ever was such a thing for showing a picture of a gun.

I've also posted pictures of a rifle that I was building and some parts I was considering with it. I did that so I could get help from those more knowledgable and help those who were less knowledgable.

I've posted pictures of long range rifles and what they could do. There's no shame in it. We as gun owners have to quit being scared to talk about our hobby and get more people out there to be less afraid of gun owners in general.

This reminds me, I need to post another picture of my AR now that I consider it to be complete.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I don't like the idea of gun owners being ashamed of show and tell when it comes to what we have. There's nothing illegal about owning guns and maybe if more gun owners would man up and talk about there'd be less of a stigma about owning guns.

I've posted pictures of guns for sale in the classifides, but I consider that to be the lowest form of an OPSEC violation if there ever was such a thing for showing a picture of a gun.

I've also posted pictures of a rifle that I was building and some parts I was considering with it. I did that so I could get help from those more knowledgable and help those who were less knowledgable.

I've posted pictures of long range rifles and what they could do. There's no shame in it. We as gun owners have to quit being scared to talk about our hobby and get more people out there to be less afraid of gun owners in general.

This reminds me, I need to post another picture of my AR now that I consider it to be complete.

128 people disagree with you.

This is a very well thought out post. :ingo:

Top Bottom