• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I support BGF and PSS. Between the two Shops, I am well taken care of. However, that does not mean I don't stop by shop other Gun Stores.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    Me at my LGS: I'm looking for a Ruger LCP

LGS owner: Well..so am I! Everybody is out of stock right now.

Me: Thanks for your time. Guess I'll find one online.

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    I support my LGS's whenever I can, but ammo is just too cheap online. It is impossible for a small shop to carry everything that anybody could ever want, unlike the internet. Bulk and mil surplus places cannot be beat by brick and mortar. I still go to the LGS for purchasing the firearms, targets, magazines, training, range time, and other things but ammo is something that I cannot find myself buying there. Buying online can be convenient but I do not see how all of the brick and mortars can go away.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Even though its not local to me I consider Bradis home base for guns and now B2 for gear and bulk ammo.

I haven't been up there in some time now though. Been meaning to, but just keep having other stuff come up. And is a half hour drive and a quater tank one way for me.

steveIU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    I support my local shop as much as possible. When competing against big stores (I.e. dicks, gander mtn, etc.) it only makes sense.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I shop at my LGS's as much as I can. I go to Falls City most often, generally to browse, and occasiaonlly buy a weapon. I go to Orions for gear/accessoris, and ammo for my revolver (.32 long, and after hunting, I can get it cheaper there unless I buy at least 3 boxes online, and I don't keep that much for a six-shooter snubbie.) I will occasionally drop by Ron's Gun and Repair to browse, and have gotten a decent holster for my CZ-75BD there. I do go to Wal-Mart for ammo for my 9mm's. I also go to TG&G in Louisville for range time.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I have bought guns from a lot of different gun shops over the years. Blythe's is a top notch store. I have purchased the majority of the guns I own from them. They typically beat Cabela's prices by 10%, sometimes a little more than that. The folks who work there are knowledgable, and if they don't have what you're looking for they will get it for you. I have never had a bad experience with them. They are a great bunch of guys. Like the guy in the video said, I think of them as friends. I could tell a lot of stories about the guys there, all good. Not only are the Blythe's good people, so are the staff, and some of them have been there over 20 years. One time they didn't have the scope I was looking for. Roger had one on one of his personal rifles, he sold it to me. Another time I had a problem with a the scope mount holes being out of alignment on a Model 70. Ryan found a set of mounts that would compensate for it. I went to pick up the rifle, and he stayed late to finish mouting it. After they locked the doors and security gates were down on the displays, we had a few beverages and talked hunting.

I read a post earlier in this thread that was rather negative feedback on Blythes. Just thought I'd offer up another perspective. In my view they give a better deal than anyone else, and they work hard to make sure you're happy with your purchase. Just my :twocents:

stockmaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Will now that we have a decent shop in martinsville. The only choices we had before was to drive out of town or go to scrotums hack shop.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom