• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

jcj54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    I shoot Bullseye Pistol, Smallbore Rifle, and Highpower Rifle in local and National Matches.
    Love it.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I shoot IDPA, USPSA, Steel, GSSF. I enjoy them all. Participating in these functions keep me familiar with my firearms that I carry everyday. In IDPA I shoot what I carry. Probably the best part of participating in the competitions is meeting the people, making lifetime friends and getting an opportunity to welcome new shooters to our sport.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have been seriously looking at the Warsaw Rifle and Pistol Club Saturday steel shoot competitions. I have never shot in a competition before, but I am game for the fun / learning factor. I am never available on Sundays and this is about the only thing in the Allen County area I can find on Saturday. Unless someone knows of something else out there.

But my last 2 months of Saturdays have been packed with other things. It may have to wait until next year.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Competition will get you killed in the streets.

Explain. Some of the best shooters I have met, have been at USPSA matches. I got bored doing the same thing over and over. I started shooting matched and it was a humbling experience to say the least. Ever ask yourself why self proclaimed tactical experts don't compete? A lot of them would get their asses handed to them. I can shoot fast on video as well, but never show my hits on target. There is a myth in the gun community that you need hours of tactical training to be a competent shooter. Don't believe me, show up to a local match and see how well you do. Don't knock it, before you try it.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Started IPSC/USPSA in 1984 and continued thru 1994. Mostly for fun and also for learning gun handling skills. Knee surgery and family commitments sidelined me. Looking to get into Steel shooting next year as soon as I find another P7M8.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I can't get my head around shooting with rules, so no.

What about the rules? Safefy rules are pretty simple. No loaded firearms unless directed by the RO. Don't break the 180, or flag youself or anyone else. Classes are to keep things fair. If you are shooting production, good luck competing with someone in open, example.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Explain. Some of the best shooters I have met, have been at USPSA matches. I got bored doing the same thing over and over. I started shooting matched and it was a humbling experience to say the least. Ever ask yourself why self proclaimed tactical experts don't compete? A lot of them would get their asses handed to them. I can shoot fast on video as well, but never show my hits on target. There is a myth in the gun community that you need hours of tactical training to be a competent shooter. Don't believe me, show up to a local match and see how well you do. Don't knock it, before you try it.

Competition shooters only shoot well because they have fancy guns and powder puff ammo. Not only that, if a perp says "unload show clear" a comp shooter will reflexively unload because of muscle memory and hicks law.

Top Bottom