• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Steel

No. I wouldn't consider shooting anything there and, even if I did have a large berm I wouldn't shoot steel. Got any idea where the bullet goes after it knocks over a steel silhouette? Saw an indoor range years ago with hundreds of holes in the roof from bullets ricocheting upward off steel targets. Just something to consider.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Find a dump truck driver, tell him you want dirt. Rent a bobcat for a day. But, do not leave your property or your house will get surrounded with dirt, and make sure you tell them when that is enough!

Oni7734

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Speedway
    It's probably one of those, 'if you have to ask, don't'. If you do and get in trouble, you probably should have asked...

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Um, I don't think so...

Unless you had a very hefty backstop and could deal with the thought of accidentally hurting someone, i would stay away from shooting there. Those .22 rounds really can travel. Doesn't seem worth the risk.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I spoke to a buddy tonight who's friend had a .22 bounce out to 1.5 miles and hit a house. It's a no go.

Sounds like we should find you a nice 6mm plastic pellet shooting airsoft gun.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I would not like it if I were your neighbor unless you built a suitable backstop. 30 years ago, I had a similar situation. I hauled in dirt for a 8ft high bank and lined the front with railroad ties. I then put a 1/2 steel plate behind the railroad ties ( 4x8 ft plate). I shot there for years, including high power rifles, and never had one complaint.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    No. I wouldn't consider shooting anything there and, even if I did have a large berm I wouldn't shoot steel. Got any idea where the bullet goes after it knocks over a steel silhouette? Saw an indoor range years ago with hundreds of holes in the roof from bullets ricocheting upward off steel targets. Just something to consider.

+1 on this.

I took a class with ACT at the Atlanta Conservation Club during one of their steel matches there and heard multiple ricochets zip overhead throughout the day.

Top Bottom