• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    The rings are the low ones. It would be good to meet up with INGOers at Huntington. I'll be going back this weekend. Thanks all for your comments.

Thanks for the info, I am looking to start a new build soon.

I may be at Huntington tomorrow with my brother and his fiance at around 1 or 2ish. I will post shortly before I leave if I do end up going there.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Today I went to DNR Huntington/Roush Lake to shoot my Remington 700 at 100yds. This one is the 700 SPS Tactical .308, 20" barrel, 10x Super Sniper, Burris xtr rings, badger 20moa base. Big thanks to IndyGunWorks for his expertise and help with building.
    IMG_0926.jpg

Get a sand bag to use on the back and if you still are not satisfied with the groups try removing the bipod and shooting off a sand bag.

Test and prove the rifle first off sand bags, then test the shooter.

Root

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Good advice Jack thanks. I agree, what's next is to isolate the rifle as much as possible on bags and see what happens. I'm still working on ammo that I think groups best too. Expensive but I just love shooting the "big" .308!

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Sounds like your getting the basics of doing your part. Natural point of aim being a big part. I still use the BRASS acronym I learned in bootcamp too.

Breath
    Relax
    Aim
    Stop breathing
    Slowly squeeze the trigger

And remember the round going off should be a surprise when it goes! I'm sure my fellow Marines will remember hearing this too.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Good advice Jack thanks. I agree, what's next is to isolate the rifle as much as possible on bags and see what happens. I'm still working on ammo that I think groups best too. Expensive but I just love shooting the "big" .308!

Try to do as much all at once to get the most out of every shot. I wouldn't fire a shot until I had a set up where I could set the rifle, touch nothing but the trigger and lean over to look through the scope. Set the cross hairs on the bull and if the hammer drops and the cross hairs are still on target then you are ready to start testing with live amo. I think sand bags work best for this but I also us this cheap rifle stand a lot to and combine it with sand bags for better stability.

You don't fire groups that way but it tells you the gun is about as stable as it's going to get and be fired by a human being, there by giving accurate reliable information about the specific equipment rather than mixing equipment results with human capability which can combine with a little luck to make things seem a lot worse than they really are one minute and a whole lot better the next. This is exagerated even more when some one only fires small groups like three at a time. If you get results that don't make sense with groups of three, what your really need to do is start shooting groups of at least 5 until a recognisable pattern emerges.

IMG_0085.jpg

a917v5headshots_2039.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom