• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    So let me get this straight. I paying taxes which go towards building the trail. And now I’m gonna be helping to pay for the lawsuit because they’re building the trail.

Good that these property owners are getting compensated for the land grab. I just wish the people whose brain fart this was to make the ***damn trail, had to pay for both. Or better yet, just let the people keep their property.
    IDK, at least we Hoosier taxpayers will have something tangible when its done, unlike the billons of dollars of tax money that disappear into thin air.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I'm not following...

The Mayor of New Albany. He takes credit for the entire idea and realization of the trail. Since basking in such self aggrandizement, he has become involved in several legal battles, one of which is with the DNR over another project he assumed sovereign lordship over, all at the expense of the lowly taxpayer of course.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The Mayor of New Albany. He takes credit for the entire idea and realization of the trail. Since basking in such self aggrandizement, he has become involved in several legal battles, one of which is with the DNR over another project he assumed sovereign lordship over, all at the expense of the lowly taxpayer of course.

Your link lead to other articles about this dam and the 14yo who died there. It looks rather convoluted. The parents wanted the dam removed. New Albany sued to prevent removal of the dam. The mayor declared an emergency and made "repairs" to the dam. Then the state and fed each issued a cease and desist because the mayor didn't get permits. I'm surprised I haven't noticed any mention of this on any central indiana reporting. It seems newsworthy.

The Army Corps said in a statement to WDRB the city broke federal law when it started working on the dam as it did not get a permit from the Department of the Army. "Therefore, the work that has been performed is considered an unlawful and unauthorized activity," the Army Corps said in the statement.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Your link lead to other articles about this dam and the 14yo who died there. It looks rather convoluted. The parents wanted the dam removed. New Albany sued to prevent removal of the dam. The mayor declared an emergency and made "repairs" to the dam. Then the state and fed each issued a cease and desist because the mayor didn't get permits. I'm surprised I haven't noticed any mention of this on any central indiana reporting. It seems newsworthy.

The Army Corps said in a statement to WDRB the city broke federal law when it started working on the dam as it did not get a permit from the Department of the Army. "Therefore, the work that has been performed is considered an unlawful and unauthorized activity," the Army Corps said in the statement.

Yeah. It's a mess.

No better way to spend tax money than when one govt entity sues another. :rolleyes:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

1. Nothing south of Indy is newsworthy to Indy media. 2. No democrat is likely to be criticized by Indy news media.

Top Bottom