• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'd bring a Blastmatch or similar fire-starting device. The cookpot would ideal if you have good primitive fire-making skills, though. You can find things to use as an edged tool easier than you can find something metal to boil water.
    That was the duo in the bayou. Coincidentally, they happened to find a pot just laying in the campsite. :rolleyes:

I saw three episodes - One man who was grabbing water moccasins left and right, one who saved the girl by finding her some clean water and one who was afraid to swim in the ocean.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They had as many snails as they wanted to eat. They just grew tired of them.
    What? No garlic butter on the island?

I'm sure they reviewed the footage, grabbed hold of his fear of the ocean and decided that was the angle they were going to take.

It's television, it's make believe. betcha didn't know the participants in the show House Hunters already own the house they "choose". The whole thing is filmed in a day or two with various staged showings of other houses.

Hoosier Wolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That was actually a few days in. He had been in the water the days previous and after sitting out there for over 3 hours on like the 3rd day in a row he got frustrated and said F it. The really worked that for appearances.

He specifically wouldn't address the goggles directly when I saw him questioned about them. He just said "they wouldn't have been my first choice" when asked about them. My question was why would a guy who according to the show hates water and wants nothing to do with swimming in it choose goggles as his one item to bring. Doesn't make sense.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    After watching the bayou episode and observing the participants reactions and comments about each bag they found containing a survival item, I'm pretty certain the survival items are chosen by the shows director and not the participants.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That was actually a few days in. He had been in the water the days previous and after sitting out there for over 3 hours on like the 3rd day in a row he got frustrated and said F it. The really worked that for appearances.

He specifically wouldn't address the goggles directly when I saw him questioned about them. He just said "they wouldn't have been my first choice" when asked about them. My question was why would a guy who according to the show hates water and wants nothing to do with swimming in it choose goggles as his one item to bring. Doesn't make sense.

OH, HE CHOSE THE GOGGLES? (well, at least according to the producers)

I missed the beginning of the show.

Top Bottom