• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usp45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    +p there is no standard. it was designed for shorter barrels like 3.5 inch to ensure cycling and try and get the same velocity as a 5 inch.
    +P+ is sub gun ammo.

+P all manufacturers make it to their spec.

most modern pistols can take +P. none use +P+ as a previous poster had to have a signoff for wheel gun only.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Depends on your gun. Check the manual.
    Here's a whoops example:
    [www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhkHML6LZv4]

"I gots to have me 10% more pressure in my mouse gun!"

I've never understood that crowd. If standard pressure doesn't get the job done, 10% more isn't going to do it either.

Step up a caliber.

Yes there are a handful of guns that pretty much require +P. If your gun does not, you'd be smart to stay clear of it unless it's a full sized service firearm.

If you do this stupid stuff with a revolver, you'll end up stretching the frame to the point where the firing pin can't even contact the primer anymore... All this because someone is certain that 10% more pressure makes it a hand cannon.

+p there is no standard. it was designed for shorter barrels like 3.5 inch to ensure cycling and try and get the same velocity as a 5 inch.
    +P+ is sub gun ammo.

+P all manufacturers make it to their spec.

most modern pistols can take +P. none use +P+ as a previous poster had to have a signoff for wheel gun only.

Wrong.

There is no standard for +P+, there IS A STANDARD for +P.

+P is required for a couple specific handguns, like the kimber solo. It will not achieve the same velocity as standard pressure will with a 5" barrel, but it will generate much more wear and risk of damage to the firearm.

A wheel gun's frame WILL STRETCH the more you shoot it. +P ammo will insure this happens in 50-100 rounds instead of after 10,000 rounds. All for laughable velocity gains.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    "I gots to have me 10% more pressure in my mouse gun!"

I've never understood that crowd. If standard pressure doesn't get the job done, 10% more isn't going to do it either.

Step up a caliber.

Yes there are a handful of guns that pretty much require +P. If your gun does not, you'd be smart to stay clear of it unless it's a full sized service firearm.

If you do this stupid stuff with a revolver, you'll end up stretching the frame to the point where the firing pin can't even contact the primer anymore... All this because someone is certain that 10% more pressure makes it a hand cannon.

Wrong.

There is no standard for +P+, there IS A STANDARD for +P.

+P is required for a couple specific handguns, like the kimber solo. It will not achieve the same velocity as standard pressure will with a 5" barrel, but it will generate much more wear and risk of damage to the firearm.

A wheel gun's frame WILL STRETCH the more you shoot it. +P ammo will insure this happens in 50-100 rounds instead of after 10,000 rounds. All for laughable velocity gains.

Can you please cite sources on "frame stretching" of revolver frames?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom