• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So they’re pushing the combat readiness inspection narrative since no one was believing the military exercise narrative? I guess Vlad Is running on the assumption that most people on the planet don’t know that the difference between an exercise and an inspection is, Who is doing the inspecting.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Russia knows (and has said so previously) that if Ukraine joins NATO it will mean war because Russia's expectation is that the west will start it. Ukraine is presently in the process of joining NATO.

If you were Russia and expected war coming from the west what would you think you will have to do? What preparations for those required actions would you have taken before now?

Where do you think Russia is in carrying out those preparations?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Russia knows (and has said so previously) that if Ukraine joins NATO it will mean war because Russia's expectation is that the west will start it. Ukraine is presently in the process of joining NATO.

If you were Russia and expected war coming from the west what would you think you will have to do? What preparations for those required actions would you have taken before now?

Where do you think Russia is in carrying out those preparations?
    Do you think that the Russians truly believe that NATO will attack them or it is just a pretense?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Good evenin' KLB.
    I definitely do think that Russia thinks that.
    And I think that they think striking first is required once things progress to whatever danger point they select.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Good evenin' KLB.
    I definitely do think that Russia thinks that.
    And I think that they think striking first is required once things progress to whatever danger point they select.
    I think I would lean more towards the pretense side, but either way it points towards war. A war on a scale the world hasn't seen, which is scary.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    By the way, about striking first, Russia has been fielding the weapons needed for that first strike; the hypersonic cruise missiles, the tsunami generating drone subs. And not to forget, the nuclear powered ramjet engined long range cruise missile program. Last I heard that one went kablooie but yeah, they's a'workin' on it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    By the way, about striking first, Russia has been fielding the weapons needed for that first strike; the hypersonic cruise missiles, the tsunami generating drone subs. And not to forget, the nuclear powered ramjet engined long range cruise missile program. Last I heard that one went kablooie but yeah, they's a'workin' on it.
    I read where one wag described that as a flying miniature Chernobyl. It is an attempt to use basically an unshielded, exposed nuclear reactor to superheat intake air and allow it to expand as exhaust to generate thrust. I don't believe they'll get that to work, but it has killed more of their top scientists and engineers than Stalin did

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    It's 1960's tech and works OK but back when the US and the USSR developed atomic aircraft engines for powering long range strategic bombers the minuses outweighed the pluses. One bomber going down on a training mission and the physical and political damage would have been catastrophic. But, at least those were closed loop designs. The open system atomic ramjets were big and would have had to spread a radioactive trail of death along whatever path the missiles flew both from where the monsters were launched and when flying over your allies to get to the targets. Talk about politically incorrect! But now with sub launched cruise missiles the tech makes sense if the targets stretch from sea to shining sea.

It appeared in the last half a decade or so that what the Russians had been working on and testing was the miniaturization of the atomic ramjet engine into a package of practical size and output for current cruise missile technology. Have they deployed the weapons yet? Don't know.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The nuclear powered aircraft were interesting, too. They acknowledged that weight limitations meant they would not be able to adequately shield the crew, so they planned to recruit retired aircrew of an age such that they could be expected to die of other causes before the radiation induced cancers would get them, and believed they would have sufficient volunteers

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For the benefit of everyone with their WWIII Bingo Cards, here's a recap.

China-Taiwan (basically the free space) - regular airspace flexing
    China-South China sea - China sending hundreds of commercial fishing vessels to anchor to show that they have actual control of the area
    Russia-Ukraine - still simmering
    Iran-Israel - proxy maritime skirmishes with limpet mines and who knows what else
    Iran - Saudia Arabia - proxy missile attacks every once in awhile
    Syria - well, just Syria
    Daesh in Africa - having been kicked out of the Middle East, it is rampaging in Africa
    Northern Ireland - relatively new development, with some dormant rivalries firing up with molotov cocktails and clever graffiti
    Myanmar - successful military coup does military coup type atrocities
    Brazil - not necessarily the most stable democracy, looking more and more vulnerable

I've probably missed some, but that's off the top of my head.

Really, all I need is for the Quebec separatists to take up arms, then I'll have BINGO! Although, if the Basques get fired up over something, then all I would need is for the Uighars to fight back, but that seems like a longshot.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    The Russians revived Project Pluto? Got a link or more information about this?

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Other than a cyber attack or a barrage of angry emails I don’t see where Europe could muster any sort of offensive armored force at the moment. Certainly not the type needed to defeat or even greatly annoy Mother Russia. Here is a link that shows the reduction in Western European forces over the past 30 years or so. Also, Russia is not even close to what the Soviet Union claimed to have in military resources back in the 70’s and 80’s.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The Russians revived Project Pluto? Got a link or more information about this?
    A link; here's an article from 2019 about the one that went kablooie.

And what wiki says about it.

They had their own atomic engines for aircraft back in the sixties. What they'd been working on more recently was cramming the atomic engine tech into a smaller package for cruise missiles. There's video on the interseine that supposedly shows them in manufacturing but, eh, who knows.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    A link; here's an article from 2019 about the one that went kablooie.

Dear God. They actually did it. The United States, at the height of the ATOMS!! age decided it was completely batshit insane, and now here's Putin,
    We are talking about the most advanced and unparalleled technical ideas and solutions about weapons design to ensure Russia’s sovereignty and security for decades to come. The weapon is to be perfected regardless of anything.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Dear God. They actually did it. The United States, at the height of the ATOMS!! age decided it was completely batshit insane, and now here's Putin,

The flip side of that seems to be that we may not need it. How many launch sites do we have all over the globe, including those under the seas?

My guess is that not many people know the real answer to that, but it's probably a lot.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The flip side of that seems to be that we may not need it. How many launch sites do we have all over the globe, including those under the seas?

My guess is that not many people know the real answer to that, but it's probably a lot.
    With sub launched cruise missiles the only land getting contaminated is what you wanted to nuke anyway so it's a win-win, letting you launch from further away, not be limited by range in evasive routing...

Sixty years ago I had to duck and cover like Bert the Civil Defense turtle told me. After all this time this stuff is still just as nuts as it was back then. And as far as who is causing this, it's just like my dear old daddy said, "The creme rises to the top and the scum sits on top of that."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It uses a completely unshielded reactor core for power. I'm thinking you couldn't sub launch something like that without massive new shielding for the magazine where the missile is stored. That reactor would be running at low power continuously, you couldn't store the fuel elsewhere and load it at the last minute. The missile is a deliberate radiation leak onboard a tiny closed system, it would be a death trap

Top Bottom