Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    My :twocents:

To Sen. Coats and Cong. Rokita,

I have read a draft of the points of Sen. Diane Feinstein's proposed "assault weapon ban". Frankly this legislation is an insult to all law-abiding Americans, and makes a mockery of the Bill of Rights.

Sen. Feinstein is capitalizing on the victims of Sandy Hook to push through a piece of legislation which she has long supported. In other words, there is no rational relationship between this bill and the recent tragedy.

Evil exists, and taking guns from law-abiding citizens will do nothing to make us safer as a nation. In fact violent crime in general, and gun crime in particular, has been declining since the 'sunset' on the last "assault weapon ban".

It is already a crime to kill people, as it is to possess a gun in an "gun free zone". This did not stop the murderer Lanza. To think that another law will make us safe, where all the existing laws did not, fits Albert Einstein's definition of insanity: repeating the same action, while expecting a different result.

There is no reason to suppose an "assault weapon ban" will make Americans any more secure. It will simply criminalize millions of otherwise law-abiding persons. And it will divide the nation even more than it has been to date.

Sen. Feinstein may play well in California. Perhaps she would be better suited to state office, where she could infringe upon her constituents' rights to her heart's content. On behalf of the Hoosiers whose interests you represent and defend, I ask you to reject this ill-considered and unnecessary bill.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    It is basically a show piece to appease the leftwing freaks and kooks who make the base of the democrats. That base is mostly feminists and metrosexual males (momma's boys). Even the union folks would resist this bill.

Oh, it could pass. But then it might not due to the fact that most democrats in the senate find it going to far. For the most part the dems are into show laws that have no teeth.

So do your duty and oppose this farce!!! We cannot continue to sit idly by and not act! Write your reps, call them, make sure that they know we won't put up with this! I'm sure a lot of comments like yours and some of the others I've seen in this thread were also given before the 1994 ban, and guess what? We spent 10 years unable to exercise our rights because we did NOTHING to stop it!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Meh. Nothing to worry about here. The republicans won't let it go anywhere in the house. It's DOA, right?

I used to think so but now that i read INGO, I have been informed that republicans and democrats are the same so maybe I should worry?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So do your duty and oppose this farce!!! We cannot continue to sit idly by and not act! Write your reps, call them, make sure that they know we won't put up with this! I'm sure a lot of comments like yours and some of the others I've seen in this thread were also given before the 1994 ban, and guess what? We spent 10 years unable to exercise our rights because we did NOTHING to stop it!

Guy I am so deep inside the system that I can pick up the phone and go straight to those who make the decisions. Frankly they know that the public does not support this level of banning guns. Already we have commentators pointing out the gun bans do not work, especially against those who will do mass killing.

The left does not have the balls to go to the wall. It would hurt their voters far more than it would us.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Correction. Our government did nothing to stop it. You think our emails are going to matter a hill of beans to those in power you are deluded.

I sent an email, but I have no doubt it was about as useful as spitting into the wind.

And to all you "Come and get me" blowhards, give me a break.

You really do not want that sort of talk in a government inbox....now do you?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Guy I am so deep inside the system that I can pick up the phone and go straight to those who make the decisions. Frankly they know that the public does not support this level of banning guns. Already we have commentators pointing out the gun bans do not work, especially against those who will do mass killing.

The left does not have the balls to go to the wall. It would hurt their voters far more than it would us.

Great, then pick up the phone!! emails, letters and calls may not be the deciding factor, but they sure as hell can't hurt!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Correction. Our government did nothing to stop it. You think our emails are going to matter a hill of beans to those in power you are deluded.

I sent an email, but I have no doubt it was about as useful as spitting into the wind.

And to all you "Come and get me" blowhards, give me a break.

You really do not want that sort of talk in a government inbox....now do you?

Yes, the government didn't stop it, because we didn't make them! Do you not see that if we do nothing our rights will go away?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing...

Edmund Burke

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Doing my part

Mr Rokita, As a constituent of yours and one who votes for you, I wanted to drop a quick line concerning recent events and any legislative actions that might be taken to address them. I believe that any problem can not be addressed effectively in a knee-jerk reflexive action. These types of solutions only act as salve on an emotionally difficult issue so that people may "feel" that they have done something. Effective solutions are only reached after careful consideration is given to the root cause of an issue and addressing it. Treating symptoms only serves to mask the problem. I am an NRA life member. I believe that we have a right to keep and bear arms as long as we are LAW-ABIDING citizens. The rhetoric from the left concerning that phrase is ludicrous at times. That doesn't mean I think we should own tanks and other heavy artillery but I do think firearms means any hand held weapon that fires a projectile. Please stand firm on supporting my rights as a law abiding citizen

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Use this link.

NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps

You apparently can't write Joe Donnely until after the new congress. His house page contact page is disabled. The NRA page will try to send to Coats and Luger.

Writing Luger is just a major waste of time!

Here is what I sent
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for using National Rifle Association Mail System.

Message sent to the following recipients:
    Representative Carson
    Senator Coats
    President
    Message text follows:

December 27, 2012

[recipient address was inserted here]

[recipient name was inserted here],

I just read Diane Feinstein's proposed 2013 AWB legislation, and I am less
    then impressed.

I encourage you all to oppose this legislation, let it die in committee.
    The Second amendment applies to ALL FIREARMS, not just some.

We have the right to bear arms, whatever the model and type of that arm is.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the link, I just sent this to Sen. Coats.....not the greatest writer but O well...

Dear Mr. Coats,
    Please stand against any new gun laws including anything thats Sen. Feinstein comes up with. Gun Control does not bother the criminals, nor does Gun Free Zones, which are nothing more than Liberal War against the 2nd Ammendment. The President is protected by some of the same guns he wants to outlaw me to have to protect myself and my family, this is not about peace and trying to stop the violence, it is about the power of the government taking back what our forefathers gave us because frankly, they were much wiser than what we have now in Washington. I am also in favour of returning our 2nd Ammendment rights back to teachers who want to carry in our schools, they have been "infringed" upon for too long. Thank You for your time,

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Yep, I killed the country.

But any faith I had in our politicians died a long time ago.

You on the other actually think that emails will be

A: read
    B: influence action they would not otherwise take
    C: that the politician in question doesn't automatically assume he knows better than us what is good for us.

That.. Is a lot of faith and trust to place on people that have proven untrustworthy over and over again.

I am not saying don't write an email, but know this... We do not matter to them.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Yep, I killed the country.

But any faith I had in our politicians died a long time ago.

You on the other actually think that emails will be

A: read
    B: influence action they would not otherwise take
    C: that the politician in question doesn't automatically assume he knows better than us what is good for us.

That.. Is a lot of faith and trust to place on people that have proven untrustworthy over and over again.

I am not saying don't write an email, but know this... We do not matter to them.

Well then Dom, since you don't think anything I have suggested will do any good, what do you propose to do to keep our rights intact?

I have no problems with dissenting opinions, hell if I did I couldn't be on this forum; but can you not attempt to assist with a solution?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Say what you want, but the staffers do read all these, and thru these staffers they do gauge the opinion out there. I have also gotten a couple personal responses in the past. We need to drown out the antis

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Dear Congressman Young,

My name is avboiler11, and I am a resident of Sellersburg, IN. I am writing this letter to express my strong opposition to the proposed Assault Weapons Ban that Sen. Diane Feinstein has publicly vowed to introduce in the 113th Congress, on the heels of the unspeakable tragedy in Newtown, CT.

I am the father of a 2.5 year old son. Watching the news about the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School physically made me ill, unable to comprehend how any human being could willfully murder anyone, let alone twenty children. I pray to God that such horror will never occur again, and hope that we as a country can find some way to discourage other mentally unstable people from violently lashing out at innocents and get them the help such people desperately need.

As a law-abiding citizen and gun owner, it was disgusting to watch some politicians and those in the media begin a push for more gun control before the bodies of those children, teachers and administrators had been removed from that school. It was angering to be vilified for my hobby, to be told by those with no experience whatsoever with firearms what I do and do not “need”, what firearms are and are not suitable for “sport”, and for some (especially non-American citizens) to condescendingly purport to know what the Founding Fathers of our great nation did and did not intend with the Second Amendment.

Today, Senator Feinstein released more details of her 2013 “Assault Weapons” Ban which calls for, among other things, all currently owned “assault weapons” (including the AR15, arguably the most versatile, popular centerfire rifle in the United States) to be moved into the National Firearms Act registry…alongside fully automatic machine guns. Her proposal is vastly more draconian than existing laws in Feinstein’s home state of California – and even includes onerous provisions that have been voted down multiple times by her own state legislature!

As a constituent, I am asking that you hold the line in the House of Representatives and work with your fellow Representatives to ensure this awful piece of legislation, which will NOT deter a mentally unstable person with evil in their heart and only negatively impact responsible, law-abiding Americans, never gets close to President Obama’s desk for a signature.

Sincerely,
    avboiler11

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I used to think so but now that i read INGO, I have been informed that republicans and democrats are the same so maybe I should worry?

Yes you should worry. The Republicans are so worried about holding together as a party that they are leaning even more to the left. In short, they are clueless. Let them know what they need to focus on.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes you should worry. The Republicans are so worried about holding together as a party that they are leaning even more to the left. In short, they are clueless. Let them know what they need to focus on.

Do you have the numbers? After all the democrats won (50.6%) based on the low information voters (otherwise known as morons). You are out numbered by the morons. And those on the left, ie the professors and feminists, tend to be so fearful that they would give up freedom.

Our biggest problem is that no one in the US trusts anyone else. We are coming apart. Once that happens we stop being a nation. We may well be seeing the end of our experiment in freedom.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Well then Dom, since you don't think anything I have suggested will do any good, what do you propose to do to keep our rights intact?

I have no problems with dissenting opinions, hell if I did I couldn't be on this forum; but can you not attempt to assist with a solution?

The solution to a lack of faith?

That would be the building up of trust.

That would take a very, very long time.

Top Bottom