• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I passed out before I got to the back door of CC"s.

Work on your cardio you lazy...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The two old farts still sitting there eating their pizza were killin me.:laugh:

Had they been younger it would have scared the **** out of them. Since they were wearing Depends it was no problem. In fact they will get more for their money.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    In Ohio you do not need a ccw, chp, lcp or whatever, to have a gun in your home.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    From the article:

“Thank goodness she had a Concealed Carry Permit and was able to defend herself and her five children," said Prosecutor Joe Deters in a news release. "It is hard to imagine what might have happened to her or her children if she had not been able to protect herself and her family.”

Somebody should put this on Shannon's twitter feed..

Why does it matter that she possesses a license to carry, when the incident happened inside of her own home? No license to carry is required inside of one's own home.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why does it matter that she possesses a license to carry, when the incident happened inside of her own home? No license to carry is required inside of one's own home.
    The wording seems to defy reality, but I don’t think it implies anything more than awkward wording. I doubt the prosecutor would have thought to charge the woman if she had no permit. It’s not the ccw, if she had one, that saved her life, it was the firearm. In Ohio in her home, the 2A was her permit, as it were. I don’t think the prosecutor was saying, but for the permit, she was able to defend herself. I think it was more signaling the community that more people should get permits and carry. I hope people think about that, that we’re not just vulnerable in our own homes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ignorant (uninitiate, unknowledgable, Libprogacratically deceived) people could get the idea that they were not allowed to have a fireatm in their home without the nanny's permission.

"Words have meaning." Rush.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ignorant (uninitiate, unknowledgable, Libprogacratically deceived) people could get the idea that they were not allowed to have a fireatm in their home without the nanny's permission.

"Words have meaning." Rush.
    And words can have more than one meaning in multiple contexts.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But the words it is a good thing she had a permit for a gun to defend her home have no meaning at all.

Unless to deceive or blatantly stupid.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The wording seems to defy reality, but I don’t think it implies anything more than awkward wording. I doubt the prosecutor would have thought to charge the woman if she had no permit. It’s not the ccw, if she had one, that saved her life, it was the firearm. In Ohio in her home, the 2A was her permit, as it were. I don’t think the prosecutor was saying, but for the permit, she was able to defend herself. I think it was more signaling the community that more people should get permits and carry. I hope people think about that, that we’re not just vulnerable in our own homes.

Bingo. This is the point I was implying. I would rather the prosecutor have said "Thank goodness she had a firearm and was able to defend herself and her five children".

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Chicago:

Concealed carry holder shoots back, wounds 2 gunmen in Chicago
    The license holder was seated in a vehicle about 2:15 p.m. when at least two men came up and started shooting, Chicago police said.

The gunfire hit a 22-year-old man standing outside the man’s car in the 6200 block of South Justine, police said. The concealed carry holder stepped out of the vehicle, took out his own weapon and shot two men.

One of those men was critically wounded with gunshot wounds to his groin and ankles, police said. The 20-year-old was rushed to Mt. Sinai Hospital
    The other alleged shooter was shot in the buttocks and grazed in his arms and head, police said. The 25-year-old’s condition was stabilized at Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    San Antonio:, back in late April:

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/...-hospital-after-being-shot-arrested/434569886

Woman and boyfriend in a white Charger go to another man's home (some articles say the man is her brother) and she starts banging on doors and windows. Man went outside to confront her and took a shotgun with him. He told her to leave. She walks back to the car, takes out a pistol and chambers a round. Man fires shotgun three or four times, striking the woman in the right thigh and the boyfriend in the chest and right hand.

Then:

Alvear [the boyfriend] drove to the Shell station where he entered the store, bought and drank chocolate milk before returning to the Charger.

Police said Alvear fell to the ground, but as people called for help he got up and drove himself from Vance Jackson to Methodist Texsan Hospital. He entered the hospital leaving Talamantez in the Charger. Hospital staff brought her inside of the hospital and stabilized her. Both suspects were later transported to University Hospital by EMS, according to police.

In San Antonio major trauma cases generally go to either University Hospital or Brooke Army Medical Center.

The Charger was found to have been stolen a few days prior and boyfriend and girlfriend both had active felony warrants.

I like chocolate milk with my breakfast tacos. I keep chest seals for GSW to chest, but to each his own.

Top Bottom