• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When things became highly abstract and theoretical and the ability to think became more important was when the bust their butt types often ran out of steam
    Which is why a lot of computer geeks were users back in college. :): I remember a guy that we just knew by his last name that kind of reminded me of Tommy Chong telling us about his program going into an infinite "do loop".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not sure about the potency thing either. Back in the 70's while Vietnam was still going on and in the few years afterward, we had "Thai Stick" being imported. And while I was at GMI, there was "Hawaiian" being imported. That stuff was wicked.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    :faint: Oh man. College days... We should have a beer together, since most of my college days might be self-incriminating and I don't want to post that on the internet. :lmfao:
    I'm game, but full disclosure - I became kind of an opinionated dick (you probably never would have guessed). I did time at a company I hated, in order to set myself up later as a consultant, and just became really impatient with people because so many of them were just coasting. As the saying goes, all teamwork taught me was how to do most of the work

Once I became a consultant it was heaven because I mostly only had to rely on just me, but the opinionated dick part had apparently become burned in

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm not sure about the potency thing either. Back in the 70's while Vietnam was still going on and in the few years afterward, we had "Thai Stick" being imported. And while I was at GMI, there was "Hawaiian" being imported. That stuff was wicked.
    Ahh Hawaiian, I remember Maui Wowie and Punabud or something like that. Oh can't forget Acapulco Gold. But yeah the stuff now is more potent, at least on the high end stuff. From my understanding the really high end stuff is approaching the THC levels of hash back then. Although I'm sure Kennedy wasn't smoking ditch weed.

I really think The Thai sticks were dipped in opium.
    That would be interesting. I did have "opiumated hash" a few times.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I really think The Thai sticks were dipped in opium.
    The opium I've seen was like black tar. I don't think there'd be any "dipping" going on, but I'd heard something similar.
    Ahh Hawaiian, I remember Maui Wowie and Punabud or something like that. Oh can't forget Acapulco Gold. But yeah the stuff now is more potent, at least on the high end stuff. From my understanding the really high end stuff is approaching the THC levels of hash back then. Although I'm sure Kennedy wasn't smoking ditch weed.
    We typically saw "Lebanese Blonde" hash back in the day. I remember a friend's brother bringing back a couple of pounds from California. We found his stash. :):

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    We typically saw "Lebanese Blonde" hash back in the day. I remember a friend's brother bringing back a couple of pounds from California. We found his stash. :):
    A couple of pounds? :bowdown: :bow: about the most I've seen at a time is maybe 1/4-1/2 oz of hash. I did see several hundred lbs of bricked weed once.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe they'll get OSHA to mandate 'Everybody must get stoned'

They'll stone you when you're at the breakfast table
    They'll stone you when you are young and able
    They'll stone you when you're tryin' to make a buck
    Then they'll stone you and then they'll say "good luck"
    Tell ya what, I would not feel so all alone
    Everybody must get stoned

Bob Dylan, Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 (Take 1, Rehearsal and Finished Track)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    For adult use residual effect was found in one of the things they looked at, in studies they graded low-moderate quality. But in a smaller group of studies that they graded as moderate quality they found no residual effects. For the most part, if your currently stoned there will be a degradation. After that, nope. And one of the researchers is an Eli Lilly chair. Not saying that it discredits this, but does make one think.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Kind of what I was wondering about the so-called study. Pharmaceutical companies, who don't want any options other than pharmaceuticals have come to the conclusion that something other than pharmaceuticals might be bad for you.

Ford did a study and determined that Chevy trucks are crap.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Kind of what I was wondering about the so-called study. Pharmaceutical companies, who don't want any options other than pharmaceuticals have come to the conclusion that something other than pharmaceuticals might be bad for you.

Ford did a study and determined that Chevy trucks are crap.
    It wasn't actually a study. It was a review of meta analyses of studies. So...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Interesting reddit thread about the proposed new legislation. A side note is the commentary about pricing for the "legal" weed from Michigan and Illinois. Crazy high prices, then crazy high taxes on top. :n00b:

Post from the thread...

...It depends on how much you’re buying. The closest dispo in IL is either Zen Leaf Charleston or Rise Effingham. The most you can get there at one time for the lowest cost is their 10.5gs for $120 and an eighth that you won’t get for less than $50. If you want to buy more than 15gs then you have to make the 30 minute drive from one of them to the other. That’s $170 before tax for 15Gs of bud, with the 32% tax that’s $200+. In MI the tax is 16%. You can go on weedmaps in MI and get top shelf ounces for $100 if you find the right deals. You can also buy 2.5 ounces per visit and the dispos are much closer together. I’ve made dozens of trips to IL, if you buy bulk it’s much cheaper to go up to MI...

The thread also had a link to the Midwest Hemp Council. Might be of interest to some...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom