• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stacy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Parke County
    OK guys need alittle help. I just bought a Del-Ton AR15 HB used but appeared to be unfired, stopped by the range on the way home put 40 rounds through it worked fine, this was Wednesday, Saturday took back to the range noticed I was getting double taps when I fired,realized that when I fired then let off the trigger it would fire again? Looking to order a new trigger group but dont know if it is large or small holes? Seems to be the same size pins as my DPMS AP4, Never built or taken apart AR's before to know the defference. Any help appreciated. Thanks

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    was this someones home build?

Sounds like the disconnector spring is wrong, broken, or missing.
    Or the hammer spring is installed backwards letting the trigger pin walk out a bit, thus causing a misalignment of the disconnector.

Pins are "small" size, .154

I'd have someone look at the lower assembly before I started changing out parts that are still good.

stacy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Parke County
    It's in the Del-Ton case with everything from factory including the plastic sleeve the rifle is shipped in. After checking more it should have the standard trigger group which is small pins. Thanks for the reply

Also I compared to my DPMS & the springs are correct.

Last edited:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    the disco spring is "hidden" from view....going to have to take the fire control out to check it to see if it is broken, upside down, or the wrong spring.

stacy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Parke County
    Going to try and take the lower apart today, I guess I have to learn sometime I just happen to have a lower spring kit. Found a video on how to do it does'nt look that hard. Thanks, keep the reply's coming guys I'm listening.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Keep in mind the hammer and trigger assembly are under spring pressure. When you pull the pin they will fly out. I use a pin punch to push the pin out. That way I have more control over when the hammer or trigger is released as I pull the punch out.
    Dan

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Cool. So do you need a hammer? I have one laying in a box I'll send you. I replaced my trigger group with a drop in last month. If so, PM me.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    You should only post this as a theoretical in the future, as what you actually have is an unregistered machine gun, which carries a hefty penalty! This is not a joke and you will go to jail, its happened.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    You should only post this as a theoretical in the future, as what you actually have is an unregistered machine gun, which carries a hefty penalty! This is not a joke and you will go to jail, its happened.

So just to completely understand what you are saying, if a person owns a firearm that of no fault of their own is "bad" in a way that causes a double-tap or even the dreaded "runaway" because of something that is broken because of no fault of their own then that person could be arrested and jailed for owning an "unregistered machine gun"? I mean come on that would be like a person getting arrested because they own a Honda Accord that the accelerator pedal gets stuck and they end up speeding OF NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN and causing an accident. Machines break, whether you are talking about a car a gun or a dishwasher. Would that also mean that if a person had a faulty hairdryer that of no fault of their own short circuited and killed someone using it they would go to jail for murder or manslaughter?

Gunner

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So just to completely understand what you are saying, if a person owns a firearm that of no fault of their own is "bad" in a way that causes a double-tap or even the dreaded "runaway" because of something that is broken because of no fault of their own then that person could be arrested and jailed for owning an "unregistered machine gun"? I mean come on that would be like a person getting arrested because they own a Honda Accord that the accelerator pedal gets stuck and they end up speeding OF NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN and causing an accident. Machines break, whether you are talking about a car a gun or a dishwasher. Would that also mean that if a person had a faulty hairdryer that of no fault of their own short circuited and killed someone using it they would go to jail for murder or manslaughter?

Gunner

Yes. In the eyes of gun haters, they aren't going to be agreeable with your dishwasher comparison. If you have a gun that fires more than on round at a time by itself you'd better be getting it fixed or you better be getting used to a prison cell with a new hairy snuggle buddy.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    OH, I also own a Del-Ton AR-15 and the only problem that I have had with it was the bolt carrier key wasn't staked properly and got loose and luckily didnt jake up the gas tube. Pulled the bolt carrier group out, re-staked the key and all has been fine ever since. Oh and I shoot Thulammo thru my AR with no problems at all.

Gunner

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    OH, I also own a Del-Ton AR-15 and the only problem that I have had with it was the bolt carrier key wasn't staked properly and got loose and luckily didnt jake up the gas tube. Pulled the bolt carrier group out, re-staked the key and all has been fine ever since. Oh and I shoot Thulammo thru my AR with no problems at all.

Gunner

That's weird for me to read that because I bought a delton dissipator kit and the key is staked identically to the way it was done on my colt 6920. I'm really surprised to read that, but I'm glad you fixed it. My delton kit was perfect, but I bought a delton stripped lower that was just slightly too thick and I had to touch up the dimple in the rear take down pin to get the detent to seat 100%.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Yes. In the eyes of gun haters, they aren't going to be agreeable with your dishwasher comparison. If you have a gun that fires more than on round at a time by itself you'd better be getting it fixed or you better be getting used to a prison cell with a new hairy snuggle buddy.

I find it completely absurd that because of a malfunction of no fault or cause of your own you can be arrested and jailed because of it. Why are people not being arrested and jailed because of other type of malfunctions that cause injuries or even deaths due to no fault of their own. Even the Ford Pinto that would blow up with the turn signal on and a rear impact killed people and the bean counters at Ford decided it was cheaper to pay lawsuits that to fix the cars weren't held responsible for the deaths that were attributed to the Pinto.

I just cant believe it.

Gunner

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    It happens.

BATF accepts no excuses. Gun fires more than one round with one pull of trigger, it'sa machine.

Well I have been doing a little research and it looks like a BATFE Training Manual in 1997 stated that even if a semi-auto fires a burst them jams it is a malfunction and NOT a machine gun. For some reason this information was suppressed and basically the judge and prosecution got it wrong.

Just some quick research into the issue as to be honest it has me scared that any kind of a malfunction could be considered a machine gun...

Gunner

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I find it completely absurd that because of a malfunction of no fault or cause of your own you can be arrested and jailed because of it.

I think we would all agree 100% with this. However, it's just not the world we live in and none of us has the deep pockets of Ford motors to pay off politicians when needed.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Olofson had had M16 fire control parts and selector switch, he also told people the third position was for automatic fire. I don't agree with what was done to him but a bad hook on a semi trigger is a totally different situation.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Olofson had had M16 fire control parts and selector switch, he also told people the third position was for automatic fire. I don't agree with what was done to him but a bad hook on a semi trigger is a totally different situation.

I was reading a bit more into it, and to have the third position that allowed some form of auto fire, even jamming after the fact may be a full auto, I just dont know. I dont agree with what happened to him, as he gave express instructions to NOT select the third position and his friend did anyway. OH I dont know, I guess that if you have a legitimately misfiring weapon that was broken or otherwise was doing double-taps or runaway firing then you would be in the clear if you were getting it fixed... OH Still I dont know...

BATFE = Bureaucrats And Tyrants Fark Everyone

Gunner

Top Bottom