• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Is this the same class we froze our posteriors off attending back in March of 2023? It was a great class and I enjoyed Obijohn as the instructor.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am the type of guy that rides motorcycles for years, but I go back and take ABATE classes every few years just to refresh on the basics and I learn something worthwhile everytime because of the experience different instructors bring.

I do the same with firearms. I took some great one on one classes with Coach and my 92F and everytime I learned something. He even got me to go to a match or two. Real confidence builder, which is always my problem.

Obijohn is a great instructor and I have never had a class from him.

He took a Revere's Riders Pistol class on the line next to me. Basic Pistol. He was passing me tips all day. I came in with my Beretta 92 and my groups were horrible. I have shot that gun since 1987 and usually shoot it well enough. We talked enough he know I had a PX4 in the car and he told me to go get that gun. I shot great the rest of the day. He could have phrased it a lot of ways, but he was very gracious. The real problem was I was anticipating the trigger but I didn't have that problem with the PX4. A couple days later on the home range, I shot the 92F and the PX4 to my satisfaction but on that day i built in a flinch on the 92FS for some reason. Obijohn shot it just fine.

I took the RR Carbine class in the spring, Obijohn showed up about halfway through the class and talked to a lot of people he knew from other classes. People may not know it from my INGO posting but in general I keep to myself and am not all that outgoing, but he eventually made it around to me and before long I was getting tips/thoughts/and insights on how to run my carbine.

Other than definitely earning my respect, he never made a dime from me (yet), but that's my fault. With my knee still recuperating, I am still on the fence about signing up for this class, but

IF you have the time available, TAKE this class.

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    I will be signing up next week. Had to get to the next billing cycle on the card so my wife doesn't see to many charges on one statement. She always feels obligated to match my purchases with her own lol.

Top Bottom