• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    It's a short article but a few of you might find this interesting or disturbing.

Here's the link.

Declaration Of Independence Was 'Illegal,' Grounds For Treason, British Lawyers Say | Fox News

With all the insanity going on here in the USA and around the globe, I find it very odd that ANYONE would challenge The Declaration of Independence. Perhaps it was just an "exercise" but it just didn't set right with me. I heard a blip about this on the airwaves and just wanted to pull over and talk to the cows in the farmers field. They make more sense.

No one and I mean NO ONE challenges The Declaration of Independence. :patriot:

Here's a quote from the article; "At the end of the debate, which took place just a few blocks away from where Thomas Jefferson drafted the Declaration, a vote was held and American independence was reaffirmed." Duh !!!!

Someone needs to remind the Brits that this topic is OFF LIMITS !

We kicked their ass once and if it wasn't for the US, their good 'ol neighbor Adolph would have flattened their little island and made it into weekend resort for his Storm Troopers. No silly, not from Star Wars.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    It was illegal, by the laws of England, to be in open rebellion. They felt that the cause of liberty, and the fact that the King had both broken and refused to uphold the contract between himself and his people (i.e. the law of the land and the rights due Englishmen) was sufficient reason morally to continue in their rebellion but it was against the law.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Go read what happened to the people who signed the Declaration. Yes, it was an act of Treason against the British Crown and some of them paid the ultimate price for it.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That document was most certainly a treasonous act of sedition against the Crown. Every single person who signed that document did so knowing they were signing their own death warrants. It's part of what makes that document as special as it is.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That document was most certainly a treasonous act of sedition against the Crown. Every single person who signed that document did so knowing they were signing their own death warrants. It's part of what makes that document as special as it is.

And at least one did it to thumb his nose at the Crown.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Personally, the fact that according to the British law the Declaration was illegal and treasonous gives me a greater respect for the men who signed it and those who fought for it. I feel it gives me a greater appreciation for how strongly they believed in their cause and what they were willing to do to fight for what they believed in. :patriot:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    They did it with the full knowledge that if they lost the war against the British, they wouldn't have much of a life left.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    It's a short article but a few of you might find this interesting or disturbing.

Here's the link.

Declaration Of Independence Was 'Illegal,' Grounds For Treason, British Lawyers Say | Fox News

With all the insanity going on here in the USA and around the globe, I find it very odd that ANYONE would challenge The Declaration of Independence. Perhaps it was just an "exercise" but it just didn't set right with me. I heard a blip about this on the airwaves and just wanted to pull over and talk to the cows in the farmers field. They make more sense.

No one and I mean NO ONE challenges The Declaration of Independence. :patriot:

Here's a quote from the article; "At the end of the debate, which took place just a few blocks away from where Thomas Jefferson drafted the Declaration, a vote was held and American independence was reaffirmed." Duh !!!!

We kicked their ass once and if it wasn't for the US, their good 'ol neighbor Adolph would have flattened their little island and made it into weekend resort for his Storm Troopers. No silly, not from Star Wars.

Why would anyone find a historically correct and factually sufficient inquiry disturbing? It was a declaration of war. How could it possibly be anything but illegal and treasonous?

The most abhorant sentence in your post was:

Have you not heard of moot courts? How about the First Amendment? Nothing is off limits, and they are free to discuss their history as much as we are free to talk about ours.

Chill out.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

When was the Battle of Britain again?:laugh:

Operation Sea Lion was on the shelf for over a year before Germany declared war on December 8, 1941.;)

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Next time you hear some nimrod progressive claim those signing the Declaration of Independence were just a bunch of rich, white, land owners who were trying to get more land, remind them that they were the ones risking everything they had to found our republic.

Had it failed, they would have been the first ones hanging from a rope.... or worse.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why would anyone find a historically correct and factually sufficient inquiry disturbing? It was a declaration of war. How could it possibly be anything but illegal and treasonous?

The most abhorant sentence in your post was:

Have you not heard of moot courts? How about the First Amendment? Nothing is off limits, and they are free to discuss their history as much as we are free to talk about ours.

Chill out.

Well, the intensity could be ratcheted down, but I can't say I wasn't disturbed when I read the article yesterday (or whenever it was). Though I don't think it should be off-limits, I simply have to wonder "WHY?" Who gives a flying fart? In the first place, it's kind of a no-brainer. And in the second, it's, well, moot. I appreciate scholarship for the sake of scholarship. I consider myself a perpetual student and always appreciate whatever contributes to a greater view of something. But put it in a book and be done with it. I don't get the big deal over it. Shouldn't be worthy of a news article. And it definitely shouldn't have been written as if the jury was still out prior to this particular group's decision. Or as if the fact that it was illegal somehow throws the existence of the U.S. as a sovereign nation into doubt.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    When was the Battle of Britain again?:laugh:

Operation Sea Lion was on the shelf for over a year before Germany declared war on December 8, 1941.;)

I think the Battle of Britain was a little before the endless line of Liberty Ships and later the Victory Ships started keeping that little island supplied?

;)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sure, for the counterattack. However, the notion that the USA "saved" the UK from German invasion can only come from government schools or Hollywood.

:laugh:

41mXNVxU7XL._SX500_.jpg

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sure, for the counterattack. However, the notion that the USA "saved" the UK from German invasion can only come from government schools or Hollywood.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41mXNVxU7XL._SX500_.jpg

How long would the Brits have lasted without supplies being ferried across the ocean every day on thousands of ships?

But I'll agree that the Battle of Britain was before the ships started sailing in any significant numbers, and that both Hollywood and government schools are usually wrong.

You know what I learned from Hollywood? The French did indeed help us in our revolution, but they sent only ONE GUY, and that was near the end of the war. Thanks, France, for all the help.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    The American lawyers countered that the Declaration's validity has been proven by "subsequent independence movements which have been enforced by world opinion as right and just."

That's the best a team of American lawyers could come up with? Really? Moral relativity?

Top Bottom