• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Getting ready to put some new rubber on my 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the best deal I've found is some Dayton Timberline AT's for just a little over $400.00. The Jeep's bone stock and I only plan to do a little trail driving at the badlands in Attica. Been reading some reviews online other places and they don't seem to bad. Made by Bridgestone, so any one run these on their 4WD?
    :dunno::ingo:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    When it comes to tires I have learned you get what you pay for. For that size of tire $400 for all four seem's way cheap and I have never heard of them.

If you don't have high expectation's then go for it and see how you like them.

FYI I have had a lot of good luck and good service with the Walmart tire and lube and they have some pretty nice looking 4X4 tires.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I went with a budget tire on my 4x I put on Definity Dakota M/T Tires. They are made by Cooper for Pep boys. They had good reviews online and it was buy 3 get one free.
    I am extremely happy with these. I forget the exact cost but it was very reasonable
    They are a mud terrain tire but they ride great and road noise is minimal and great self cleaning and traction.
    Anyway just a suggestion since I don't have any experience with the tire you asked about.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    They are the economy line of tires for Bridgestone (I believe, it has been 4 years since I sold some tires). They are decent if you don't travel on gravel roads everyday.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have some 285/75/16 E range on my 2500 sierra diesel ,Timberline AT's that is. I have had them nearly a year, so far I would say get them based on the deal you are getting. For the size and load range I have I paid 2x's more than your quote (incl road hazard, lifetime balance/rotate). They are a good mostly road/hwy tire, but aggressive enough for occasional off roading. The tread wear is nothing spectacular, but I would be surprised if I dont get 50kmi. life. The biggest knock so far is they are not to great a tire for snow. In the past I have had Dunlop Radial Rover RV's, BFG AT's and Bridgestone Dueler REVOs. So far I would say the REVOs were the best I have ever had, with the BFG's a close second. But you pay a pretty penny for those two. I was ready to buy some Firestone Destination AT's, but didnt want to pay that much, so I settled on the Timberline AT's....
    If you want more info. I suggest checking out:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT

On a side note, I dont think you can go wrong with the Michelin LTX AT's or MS, but since the Bull**** they pulled in the F1 race here, I refuse to buy any michelins (albeit, I think the BFG's might have some affiliation, IIRC)

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    Getting ready to put some new rubber on my 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the best deal I've found is some Dayton Timberline AT's for just a little over $400.00. The Jeep's bone stock and I only plan to do a little trail driving at the badlands in Attica. Been reading some reviews online other places and they don't seem to bad. Made by Bridgestone, so any one run these on their 4WD?
    :dunno::ingo:
    I had some of these in 31 10.50 on my 86 silverado and really liked them for what they were. I think I paid around $95 a tire (got a friend in the business) and they were a pretty good tire IMHO. I would go ahead and get em if it were me.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    yeah they are copys of bridgestone destination AT's which many jeepers swear by. the dakotas are ok I have a set of the AT's on my grand cherokee. I would go with the daytons though they seem to have a better rep in the jeep world as far as budget tires go.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks!

These responses are about the same as I've seen on other boards. Jeepers do seem to like them and they are not for serious mud but do fine for going in after the deer you just havested. They don't seem to be popular with PU owners though, they complain about wet traction, stoppint and starting. Have looked at the Duelers, Wranglers, and the Destinations. My buddy at work is steering me away Wranglers he doesn't like his, they are wearing quickly. And the Quote from Tires Plus out the door with every thing is $423.00 Duelers for $581.00, Destinations for $548.00 I'm getting 235 75 15's which seems to be what most jeepers put on their Cherokees

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm running 235's right now but am going to 30 inch destination MT's which is about 31. you might look into a "budget boost"(poly spacers) to get a little better off road capability.

Top Bottom