• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Seriously you can't figure out a way to do those thing without DST? It's one hour difference not a big deal.
    We did figure out how to do those things better and easier, we implemented DST. If a guy gets off at 5pm and the sun sets at 7pm, with DST it sets at 8pm, that is 50% more time, a significant difference…

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I would get less done, both work and play, and my life would not be as good as it is under DST…
    In the fall and winter I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. Big deal.
    Summer it's daylight when I go and come home.

I turn the light on in the outbuildings to do work in or on them. It's nothing new. DST does nothing for me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In the fall and winter I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. Big deal.
    Summer it's daylight when I go and come home.

I turn the light on in the outbuildings to do work in or on them. It's nothing new. DST does nothing for me.
    Then it also does nothing to hurt you while helping a lot of others…

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Only helping you so far...

I knew many factory workers who hate it. Simply easier to go to work the same time every day instead of changing it twice a year.
    Remember you're arguing with a guy who likes homeowners associations.
    Just kidding @Ingomike, mostly, but then again all humor is rooted in truth...

ETA sorry saw I was beat to this punchline early this morning. Or late, depending what time it may be.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You guys don’t believe that millions of families are able to do more recreational pursuits in the DST summer than if we did not have it? That hobby farmers do not make productive use of that evening light? That folks engage in more of most things than if it were dark?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    You guys don’t believe that millions of families are able to do more recreational pursuits in the DST summer than if we did not have it? That hobby farmers do not make productive use of that evening light? That folks engage in more of most things than if it were dark?
    I absolutely believe this, I think it was a ploy by Mitch to collect more taxes. So much more consumin’ goin’ on at 10 at night. His logic stating to help business across state lines was so flawed, if a business can’t figure out they have to call Ohio by 4 our time then they don’t deserve to be in business.

Man was meant to live by the sun, and he should do so, just because people are inside at desks and factories doesn’t mean they can’t adjust their hours of operation, to give you the “more daylight” you’re after.

We’re already adjusting when we go to work, why not leave the clocks alone and change the hours of operation, the natural way?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    According to a 2008 U.S. Department of Energy report, the energy savings from switching between daylight saving time and standard time were negligible.

According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, when daylight saving time was introduced to Indiana in 2006, it actually increased energy consumption between 1% to 4% through the seasons. As a result, social costs from increased pollution ranged from $1.7 to $5.5 million per year.

The negative effects do not stop there either. Timeanddate.com reports many health issues that the changing of the clocks contributes to, including increased heart attacks in the spring, car accidents, miscarriages and more.

I think there is momentum to get rid of it completely once people figure out it really isn't needed. How did Americans survive until 1966 when DST was implemented?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    According to a 2008 U.S. Department of Energy report, the energy savings from switching between daylight saving time and standard time were negligible.

According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, when daylight saving time was introduced to Indiana in 2006, it actually increased energy consumption between 1% to 4% through the seasons. As a result, social costs from increased pollution ranged from $1.7 to $5.5 million per year.

The negative effects do not stop there either. Timeanddate.com reports many health issues that the changing of the clocks contributes to, including increased heart attacks in the spring, car accidents, miscarriages and more.

I think there is momentum to get rid of it completely once people figure out it really isn't needed. How did Americans survive until 1966 when DST was implemented?
    I`d love to see all of Indiana go to Central Time.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    My internal and biological clock get so messed up I can't even think straight for a week or so. I guess it is just a first world problem compared to other people in the world, ie. Ukraine.

Top Bottom