• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Next time don't sell the cookies/baked goods. Offer them a cookie in exchange for a donation.

At least that used to be one of the work arounds, I would think it still works. Unless the officer is just as miserable as the Karen.

The kids should bake up a nice decorated cake or something and deliver it to the officer. He deserves a little recognition.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sadly, it may be fear, folks are so indoctrinated that government protects them, they fear food not government approved…

Having dealt with these sorts multiple times professionally...it is not. It is simple Grinch-ness most of the time, they take obvious pleasure and revel in the joy of ruining someone else's good time simply to attempt to make others as Grinch-y as they are. Second up is someone who gets a little rush from exercising some tiny sliver of authority/control over someone else in an otherwise empty and powerless life. Same sorts of people who beat animals, believe their expired coupon should still be valid, and/or really really get in to how many shades of blue the HOA can allow as acceptable for shutters.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Next time don't sell the cookies/baked goods. Offer them a cookie in exchange for a donation.

At least that used to be one of the work arounds, I would think it still works. Unless the officer is just as miserable as the Karen.

The kids should bake up a nice decorated cake or something and deliver it to the officer. He deserves a little recognition.

There's a couple of kids who set up little stands in the neighborhood next to mine. One is always free. I think it's some lesson her dad is teaching her. We always 'tip for service' for our granola bar or lemonade or whatever, but it's legit free if you don't want to. The other sells, but it's drinks. Since it's on my jogging path and I don't carry a wallet I've had to do an IOU and leave cash in the mailbox a time or two. Apparently my credit is acceptable for a bottle of water.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I did find out a bit more info. One of the girls did make sure he took a few cookies home.

The person who most likely reported it was associated with a FB group the event was posted in.
    Said person was removed and blocked from the group.

(This is all second and third hand info I'm getting from my kids. Parent telling thier kid=kid telling my kid=my kid telling me.)

Next time I see the parent, I'll get the info first hand.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Having dealt with these sorts multiple times professionally...it is not. It is simple Grinch-ness most of the time, they take obvious pleasure and revel in the joy of ruining someone else's good time simply to attempt to make others as Grinch-y as they are. Second up is someone who gets a little rush from exercising some tiny sliver of authority/control over someone else in an otherwise empty and powerless life. Same sorts of people who beat animals, believe their expired coupon should still be valid, and/or really really get in to how many shades of blue the HOA can allow as acceptable for shutters.
    I dealt with this once. A guy was crossing the driving lane of a store right in front of the doors. I was stopped at the crosswalk and let the guy cross. He takes two steps into the center of my driving lane and turns 90* away from me and starts walking slowly. After about 20' he started walking at a shallow angle so he was slooooowly getting closer and closer to the doors. Finally at the far end of that super wide crosswalk, he got out of my way and once again returned to a direct path to the doors.

At first I was pissed. That rage gave way to intense pity. How someone could have such little control in their own life that they felt the need to take what little power they have over someone else because they could.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was able to talk to the mom last evening. The person who called was on a local FB garage sale page where the event was posted.

The office who showed up was a Mishawaka PD, off duty, that happened to live in a near by subdivision. Somehow he heard the call and showed up.

The person who called was on a local FB garage sale page

Did people call her out?

Top Bottom