• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone subscribed to the Daily Wire Plus? They're known for political commentary but they are starting non-woke, non-political, entertainment programming including movies and kids shows (that don't introduce sexuality to kids). I think I'm going to give it a shot and see what they are like. I've heard good things about Terror on The Prairie (Gina Carano) and they signed Jordan Peterson, but have not heard anything outside of that.

ETA: I've seen clips of What is a Woman and it is interesting.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I am seriously thinking of signing up. They have some real sharp commentators and I loved Gina on the Mandalorian.
    I stopped watching it when they fired her.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I am seriously thinking of signing up. They have some real sharp commentators and I loved Gina on the Mandalorian.
    I stopped watching it when they fired her.

Agree on the Mandalorian.

I'm going to pull the trigger on it. It's just $8 per month. So basically the cost of 1 Wendy's value meal.

Worst case scenario I can cancel. You're right, their commentators are legit, and they have Jeremy's Razors. :rockwoot:

RumHam90Proof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Crown Point
    I've been thinking about it the last week or so, I've seen some of the clips of Adam Carolla's show on it and it looked really funny. I'm curious to see how the children's programing works out.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Might do it if they come up with alot of kids programing. Hard for me to find stuff for my kids to watch.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    They have a lot of good content currently on Daily Wire and with the Plus it'll be even better. I'd love to see them get to the point where they are able to challenge Hollyweird.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    They have a lot of good content currently on Daily Wire and with the Plus it'll be even better. I'd love to see them get to the point where they are able to challenge Hollyweird.

I think that is their goal, to provide an alternative entertainment source that does not push an agenda, and challenge Hollyweird. It seems like the fact that they are having success will stimulate more people to start doing the same.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have seen the Matt Walsh "What is a Woman?" documentary and it is shocking how dumb these "educated" people are that he talks to. One of the pediatricians he talks to comes off as a complete whack job. The therapist he talks to seems way more concerned about appearing Woke than answering the questions posed. Of course the Woke youth he talks to at demonstrations are the typical clueless college kid.
    I follow Ben Shapiro and have seen a lot of Jordan Peterson's stuff and he seems really sharp as well. I hope it does well and would consider dropping one of the other streaming services for it.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I've been an all access member for a few years. I'm in it mainly for the news/podcasts. I just don't what that much TV anyway. Several friends have watched what is a woman and have enjoyed it.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The Daily Wire is great, dont have their subscription though. Will like to hear feedback if you decide to get it.

I do Glenn Becks Blaze subscription and have for maybe 15 years. I like watching Steven Crowder and they show his entire show on there.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    The Daily Wire is great, dont have their subscription though. Will like to hear feedback if you decide to get it.

I do Glenn Becks Blaze subscription and have for maybe 15 years. I like watching Steven Crowder and they show his entire show on there.

I signed up for the service.

Impressions so far.....

• I don't know if the app allows you to play any of the content. I probably need to be smarter than the app. Most of my listening is done while driving, that way I can give more attention to the discussions happening. As a result I have not seen / heard as much as I would like.
    • Matt Walsh - The more I listen to the guy, the more I like how he presents his opinion. It's odd because I don't want to like how he presents things. :ugh::): He is neutral and measured in his presentation.
    • Candace Owens - The more I listen to her, the more I like how she presents things. This is despite not always agreeing with how she does so. She is intelligent and concise.
    • Ben Shapiro - Facts don't care about your feelings.
    • What is a Woman - This is probably the most revealing piece that I have seen in decades. It is legitimate journalism.
      • Matt does an excellent job of maintaining neutrality when lesser mortals would have lost their composure.
    • Jordan Peterson - He is the GOAT. He does what he does and has a platform where he does not need to fear censorship. He discusses topics like responsibility, purpose, and meaning in practical ways. I'm glad I went to see him when he was in Indy.
    Misc:

• I really want to watch the kids content to see if this is a viable alternative to disney and other shows that push an agenda. If they can be neutral and actual entertainment, this will be a positive thing.
    • I'd also like to watch the movies they have. Terror on the Prairie is supposed to be good.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Might do it if they come up with alot of kids programing. Hard for me to find stuff for my kids to watch.
    Ben Shapiro said they are dumping $100M into kids programming to directly compete with Disney.

I love daily wire. Shapiro is freaking brilliant and roasts the woke left using pop culture references. Love it. And his wife is a doc.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I signed up for the service.

Impressions so far.....

• I don't know if the app allows you to play any of the content. I probably need to be smarter than the app. Most of my listening is done while driving, that way I can give more attention to the discussions happening. As a result I have not seen / heard as much as I would like.
    • Matt Walsh - The more I listen to the guy, the more I like how he presents his opinion. It's odd because I don't want to like how he presents things. :ugh::): He is neutral and measured in his presentation.
    • Candace Owens - The more I listen to her, the more I like how she presents things. This is despite not always agreeing with how she does so. She is intelligent and concise.
    • Ben Shapiro - Facts don't care about your feelings.
    • What is a Woman - This is probably the most revealing piece that I have seen in decades. It is legitimate journalism.
      • Matt does an excellent job of maintaining neutrality when lesser mortals would have lost their composure.
    • Jordan Peterson - He is the GOAT. He does what he does and has a platform where he does not need to fear censorship. He discusses topics like responsibility, purpose, and meaning in practical ways. I'm glad I went to see him when he was in Indy.
    Misc:

• I really want to watch the kids content to see if this is a viable alternative to disney and other shows that push an agenda. If they can be neutral and actual entertainment, this will be a positive thing.
    • I'd also like to watch the movies they have. Terror on the Prairie is supposed to be good.

Great review, thank you for posting it.

Top Bottom