Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sneak peek of the other steel setup. I'll have the rest of the materials and do assembly over the weekend. All of the steel I have is 3/8" thick AR500 and is rated for all handgun calibers and rifle caliber up to 308.

*The manufacturer says you can use the gongs with either one ear or two, doesn't matter.

EXdwYkU.jpg

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Who all reloads? I am picking a pricey time to start, but has supplies & dies for .300 blk, .308, .270, and .357 Sig (need bullets for the Sig). Have been collecting the supplies for a few months and recently got the bullets for blackout and some extra target bullets for .308.

Nice looking chunk of steel, TD.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Who all reloads? I am picking a pricey time to start, but has supplies & dies for .300 blk, .308, .270, and .357 Sig (need bullets for the Sig). Have been collecting the supplies for a few months and recently got the bullets for blackout and some extra target bullets for .308.

I do, and really enjoy it. I load .380, 9mm, .45ACP. Plus .223 and .30-06 for rifles.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I do, and really enjoy it. I load .380, 9mm, .45ACP. Plus .223 and .30-06 for rifles.
    Nice. My dad has started reloading for .30-06 for a little while. Now he's got 9mm dies inbound. Sucks for him, the pistol primers are coming to my house. But now I have to double all the number of primers I intend to keep and set half aside for him..

I just got rid of my only .380. I've got two compact/compact-full .40/.357 Sigs and a full sized .357 Sig and a full sized 9mm (CZ). If I ever go for pocket carry, I'll likely get another .380 and throw some Underwood in it.

If you all want primers but haven't been able to get them that Discord server is pretty awesome. I was able to score a little on the third time or so. Notification came in for Midway having Federal Muzzleloader and shotgun primers, I just loaded up all the small pistol pages and kept refreshing hoping I'd see some before the bots reported it to the group. Worked out okay. Should have a little to spare if folks are in need. Got some small rifle magnums coming in. After some checking, the nato spec ones are magnums to help prevent slam firing. So, a good accident that those are what I was able to get. Sadly my dad will load the same stuff, so most of what I'll get in is spoken for.

Also, unrelated... But had a deer tenderloin steak for dinner tonight along with a caesar salad. Pretty good, but not as good as pan frying. 0.5" slices pounded to 0.25". Salt, pepper, flour, and a gravy of your choosing (I usually make a marsala wine gravy, and also like a unsweetened cranberry relish/chutney warmed up). I've still yet to find a better way to eat tenderloin. Man, I love deer meat.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County

I do, have been since I was 16.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Nice. My dad has started reloading for .30-06 for a little while. Now he's got 9mm dies inbound. Sucks for him, the pistol primers are coming to my house. But now I have to double all the number of primers I intend to keep and set half aside for him..

I just got rid of my only .380. I've got two compact/compact-full .40/.357 Sigs and a full sized .357 Sig and a full sized 9mm (CZ). If I ever go for pocket carry, I'll likely get another .380 and throw some Underwood in it.

If you all want primers but haven't been able to get them that Discord server is pretty awesome. I was able to score a little on the third time or so. Notification came in for Midway having Federal Muzzleloader and shotgun primers, I just loaded up all the small pistol pages and kept refreshing hoping I'd see some before the bots reported it to the group. Worked out okay. Should have a little to spare if folks are in need. Got some small rifle magnums coming in. After some checking, the nato spec ones are magnums to help prevent slam firing. So, a good accident that those are what I was able to get. Sadly my dad will load the same stuff, so most of what I'll get in is spoken for.

Also, unrelated... But had a deer tenderloin steak for dinner tonight along with a caesar salad. Pretty good, but not as good as pan frying. 0.5" slices pounded to 0.25". Salt, pepper, flour, and a gravy of your choosing (I usually make a marsala wine gravy, and also like a unsweetened cranberry relish/chutney warmed up). I've still yet to find a better way to eat tenderloin. Man, I love deer meat.
    Hit em with the shallot blackberry reduction. Life changing.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve been reloading for a bit over 10 years. Right now, I focus on just 9mm, .40, 10mm, .45, 5.56, 38 Special and .357 Magnum on the Dillon 550. I have a Lyman single stage press that I do .308, 7.62x54R, 8mm Mauser and 6.5x55 on. I have dies for .380, .300 BO and 30 Carbine but don’t have dedicated tool heads for those yet. I’ve been collecting brass to do .44 Mag but have not bought supplies or dies for it.

I’ve been shooting mainly reloads for years and in some calibers, have not shot commercial in a while. I keep some .40 commercial around just in case I want to shoot someone else’s gun but it’s been pure reloads for a long time on that caliber.

One of these days, I’ll get into 7.5 Swiss but with the volume that I shoot that rifle, the couple of boxes of GP11 will last a while.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I forgot to ask. How are you and the wife doing? All recovered?

Smart.

That does sound delicious. Especially now that my homemade cranberry sauce is all gone. Shallots make me weep, but they are so tasty.
    Yes we are all good to go. Feel good, taste and smell are back. Thank you for asking. :)

I've just started on .30-06, takes a lot of powder! I feel sort of dorky reloading .380 but it always seems expensive and hard to find in stock somewhere. Use the same powder and primers as 9mm so I figured why not. Just out does and projectiles.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There’s a nice brace of Uberti 1873 .45 Colts in the classies right now. I priced ammo and I can understand why they are still there. If you don’t have a supply of .45 Colt, now is not the time to get into that caliber. Looks like commercial target ammo is running about $3 a round. $150 per box. That’s just a bit salty for me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yes we are all good to go. Feel good, taste and smell are back. Thank you for asking. :)

I've just started on .30-06, takes a lot of powder! I feel sort of dorky reloading .380 but it always seems expensive and hard to find in stock somewhere. Use the same powder and primers as 9mm so I figured why not. Just out does and projectiles.

.380 is fun to load. Back when .22lr was hard to find, I was plinking with a couple of .380s and cranking out ammo for under $5 a box. I had a PPK that I ran a bunch of reloads through as did some Bersa’s back in the day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom