• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    At my age, I should have figured that it was going to happen, but still, out of my lifetime friends, I’ve always considered Zane the most fit & healthy … even at 71,

But the Covid virus took him away , on the last day of 2020. And just as abruptly as he entered my life when I was 19, he exited without warning. There was just a Facebook post from his former wife, that ended-up on my wife’s feed. My wife and his ex-wife were in the same High School class, and stay in infrequent touch.

Although we’d texted a few times, the last time that I saw Zane was when we took this selfie, at a holiday party at the end of 2017. He was a very private person, so gaps of a year or more here-and-there weren’t uncommon… but we always fell into a warm cadence of instant familiarity with each other when we visited. We’d shared much over the decades.

He'd spent much of his life in the Army .... both active duty in Vietnam, and Army reserve. When they finally drug him out of the Green Machine (probably kicking and fighting !) he was a Warrant Officer. He was a jumpmaster, a black belt in Kenpo karate, and one of the most fearless men that I'd ever met.

If Zane was here to console me, he’s just chuckle and say : “hey, it’s just like drinking tea from an empty cup”…which was one of his favorite expressions. So I keep that thought in mind. But tonight, my heart hurts.

very sorry to hear this news about your friend, MM. I will pray for the repose of his soul and for the family and friends. May he rest in eternal peace and Light.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    good day everyone.!

Finally got to shoot my wife's brand new SW 380 EZ yesterday. With the rounds costing as much as gold I only thru 7 downrange and my step son in law thru a couple also. Sweet shooter, VERY easy to rack, but at 7 yards it was a great grouping - but it was at 7 o'clock on the paper.

I wonder if there is anything I could do with the sights?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    good day everyone.!

Finally got to shoot my wife's brand new SW 380 EZ yesterday. With the rounds costing as much as gold I only thru 7 downrange and my step son in law thru a couple also. Sweet shooter, VERY easy to rack, but at 7 yards it was a great grouping - but it was at 7 o'clock on the paper.

I wonder if there is anything I could do with the sights?
    First, I'd verify the sights are centered from the factory. Then, I'd put more rounds on paper before I'd adjust anything.

Not sure what sight picture you're using, but it might require a combat sight picture to get rounds to go where you want them to. After more rounds and using the correct sight picture, if the shooter is doing everything they can to shoot properly, then I would adjust sights for the individual shooter.

Some guns I don't have to touch the sights, some require a mild drift of the rear sight to the right and some a heavy drift. My G45 rear sight is centered, my G19 is drifted heavily right and so is my G21. All of my Sigs are centered. My Taurus TX22 is centered. I can't remember all of my handguns that have required sight adjustments, but those are a few examples that come to mind.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210102-082201_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210102-082201_Chrome.jpg
      90.5 KB · Views: 8

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    At my age, I should have figured that it was going to happen, but still, out of my lifetime friends, I’ve always considered Zane the most fit & healthy … even at 71,

But the Covid virus took him away , on the last day of 2020. And just as abruptly as he entered my life when I was 19, he exited without warning. There was just a Facebook post from his former wife, that ended-up on my wife’s feed. My wife and his ex-wife were in the same High School class, and stay in infrequent touch.

Although we’d texted a few times, the last time that I saw Zane was when we took this selfie, at a holiday party at the end of 2017. He was a very private person, so gaps of a year or more here-and-there weren’t uncommon… but we always fell into a warm cadence of instant familiarity with each other when we visited. We’d shared much over the decades.

He'd spent much of his life in the Army .... both active duty in Vietnam, and Army reserve. When they finally drug him out of the Green Machine (probably kicking and fighting !) he was a Warrant Officer. He was a jumpmaster, a black belt in Kenpo karate, and one of the most fearless men that I'd ever met.

If Zane was here to console me, he’s just chuckle and say : “hey, it’s just like drinking tea from an empty cup”…which was one of his favorite expressions. So I keep that thought in mind. But tonight, my heart hurts.

dang man, i'm truly sorry to hear that. a friendship that old... I could only imagine. My thoughts and prayers will be for Zane today.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area

I'm very sorry for your loss. Zane sounds like a great guy.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Pillars came in for the 457. The stock is drilled out. One pillar has filed to the correct length. Took a break for dinner. Going to back to file the 2nd pillar down to size. Then I begin prepping for epoxy later.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    My condolences on the loss of your friend, MM.

Good evening everyone. Hope you get some more stability, T-Dogg.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Christmas is in the books and boxed up and on the shelf in the shed. :faint:
    Knocked a couple of items off the Honey-Do 2021 version 3.0
    Spent a couple of hours in the shop on the gun bench tuning up some items on my personal projects list.
    Grabbed some lunch and passed out in my side of the recliner couch.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Short nap this afternoon and then packed up for a range trip to HHRP tomorrow if the precip has stopped by early afternoon.

I'm not expecting it to be a long session but do have a few hundred rounds to put through 2 rifles and 2 pistols.

Any takers?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Short nap this afternoon and then packed up for a range trip to HHRP tomorrow if the precip has stopped by early afternoon.

I'm not expecting it to be a long session but do have a few hundred rounds to put through 2 rifles and 2 pistols.

Any takers?
    Would love to but my entire week is booked solid.....:(

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Pillars came in for the 457. The stock is drilled out. One pillar has filed to the correct length. Took a break for dinner. Going to back to file the 2nd pillar down to size. Then I begin prepping for epoxy later.
    Sounds intense ! :thumbsup:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Any takers?
    I hope that you've found a way to test that troublesome .308 ammo.
    There's no way that I can join you tomorrow, but thanks !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom