Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I don't drink coffee (I know blasphemous) and I definitely could not bring myself to spend what they want for one there. My wife of course is a supporter there.

I tell her, I'd rather go into a convenience store and ask where the feminine hygiene products are than have to go to a Starbucks and get her something. She knows better now than to ever ask me to go to a Starbucks.
    Pickle lady drinks the mocha cappuccino bottles, but gets them by the case at the grocery. That saves me lots of $ and trouble.

I can't knock a non coffee drinker. I didn't start until we had our first child. Not into soda much (without whiskey anyway), so day 3 in the OB with first child was certainly not rife with well rested folks. I am now a firm preacher of 1cup/child/day intake level. More or less depending on days activity but that's the norm.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I went to a Starbucks at an airport once.....I remember it as being good.
    My wife gave me a $15 gift card for them, but it's still in a drawer unused (after about 5 years). I guess that I don't 'get out' much ! :D

Hmmm....house is empty today, as my wife went into the office. What to do on my birthday ?....dunno :dunno:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Going to check out an el cheapo fuel sipper later.. Ironic, I had a suburban when the wife and I met, traded that for a Pontiac vibe when we were saving for a house, then bought her a Yukon xl last year because we missed our burb, sold the vibe I traded my burb for and now we are looking to buy another vibe to tool around in and save fuel money...

Bonus, this one will be a manual, because she wants to learn more and become more proficient with it... not making the mistake of getting rid of the SUV this time though. Just adding a spare and getting rid of an old truck that we really don’t financially need...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My wife gave me a $15 gift card for them, but it's still in a drawer unused (after about 5 years). I guess that I don't 'get out' much ! :D

Hmmm....house is empty today, as my wife went into the office. What to do on my birthday ?....dunno :dunno:
    Definitely a day to buy a gun!!! Happy birthday!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Sounds like a gun broker day (though, I admit, I don't do the auction thing myself), that said I could see you playing some guitar and doing some other zen activities instead today. Happy Birthday

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If I’m going to a coffee place it’s dunkin or nothin. Their maple donuts are top notch

happy bday MM
    Sounds like a gun broker day (though, I admit, I don't do the auction thing myself), that said I could see you playing some guitar and doing some other zen activities instead today. Happy Birthday
    Thanks, guys !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Eat pie and buy a gun!

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I have heard they treat employees pretty well. Sounds like that must be true?
    Yep. Pay is pretty horrendous, even compared to places like Target and other retail/service jobs. However, the insurance is great. Unfortunately I don't work the 20 hours required for insurance anymore, so I have insurance through my "real" job which is a $6500 deductible. I get new insurance with the merger/buyout happening in April and it appears to be better. Sadly that doesn't help me now with the medical bills coming in.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I don't drink coffee (I know blasphemous) and I definitely could not bring myself to spend what they want for one there. My wife of course is a supporter there.

I tell her, I'd rather go into a convenience store and ask where the feminine hygiene products are than have to go to a Starbucks and get her something. She knows better now than to ever ask me to go to a Starbucks.
    Wow, that's a deep passion for not going to Starbucks!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep. Pay is pretty horrendous, even compared to places like Target and other retail/service jobs. However, the insurance is great. Unfortunately I don't work the 20 hours required for insurance anymore, so I have insurance through my "real" job which is a $6500 deductible. I get new insurance with the merger/buyout happening in April and it appears to be better. Sadly that doesn't help me now with the medical bills coming in.
    Hopefully you have some options for a Health Savings Account (HSA). Sorry to hear medical expenses are hitting home.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Happy birthday Magic Man!
    giphy.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter