• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Got my 85B out to the range yesterday. I will say at 25 yds the pistol even though she is surplus is still more accurate than I can be. I took my S&W 3rd gens out and will say comparing the two factory to factory the reset on the 85 is longer than the 3 rd gens I own.

I really hope I can get a trigger reset on the 85B like my 3913 which seems to have the best out of all my 3rd gens. It did take me a while to find the spot where it reset but otherwise a great gun and looking forward to upgrading her as funds become available.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Hey guys,

I have a new CZ 75D Compact PCR. Wow, I really like it. BUT, I want to put a F/O sight on the front. CGW has the F/O front sight alone
    that is supposed to work great with the original rear sight.

My question is - how hard is this to do? Drift out the old- drift in the new? Drift which direction? What about the F/O sight and CCW? Are they subject to damage from a holster?

I am lazy and want someone to tell me how to do this. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Pappy

050-390 - Correct OEM height F/O front sight. An excellent upgrade that works perfectly with the stock CZ rear sight. *NOTE: this is not the same sight used in our EZ/D sight set.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hey guys,

I have a new CZ 75D Compact PCR. Wow, I really like it. BUT, I want to put a F/O sight on the front. CGW has the F/O front sight alone
    that is supposed to work great with the original rear sight.

My question is - how hard is this to do? Drift out the old- drift in the new? Drift which direction? What about the F/O sight and CCW? Are they subject to damage from a holster?

I am lazy and want someone to tell me how to do this. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Pappy

050-390 - Correct OEM height F/O front sight. An excellent upgrade that works perfectly with the stock CZ rear sight. *NOTE: this is not the same sight used in our EZ/D sight set.
    Send a PM to llh1956. He has done many CZ sights.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    There is something I have been thinking about lately and am wondering what opinion other people have? Is there a logical reason to have a half-cock notch on a CZ-75B?

It is my understanding that the original purpose of the half-cock notch on a 1911 was to prevent accidental discharges from the hammer falling while it was being manually cocked or from the hammer simply disengaging from the sear due to bumps or whatever while the safety was off. If this is correct, then the logic of it went out the window with the introduction of the firing pin block.

The reason for this question is that it seems to me that the half-cock notch is causing an unnecessary safety issue when trying to lower the hammer on a live round. Without it, you could press the trigger just enough to release the hammer, while holding the hammer obviously, and then release the trigger to reengage the firing-pin block before you lower the hammer the remainder of the way. I think that would be safer than holding the trigger in while you lower the hammer past the half-cock notch.

Did I miss the part where you are actually supposed to carry it on the half-cock notch? If you don't carry it that way, then I don't understand the purpose of the half-cock notch on a DA/SA gun equipped with a firing pin block. Thoughts?

Top Bottom