• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So how hard is it to Cerakote? My SSII would look dead sexy in that two tone.

Good job BTW. She's sweet looking!

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    So how hard is it to Cerakote? My SSII would look dead sexy in that two tone.

Good job BTW. She's sweet looking!

Well, you need a sandblasting cabinet, proper media, proper compressor, proper spray guns, a decent oven, a spray booth, product, know how to detail strip (every part in the entire firearm must be taken apart), and know how to paint. Also need proper gauges for air pressure, cleaning material for prep of the metal....

I have about 10 years of custom collision body & fender work/custom car painting. I personally do not think someone can just grab a spray gun and get the results you see in my pictures...

If you are asking, do I think you could "spray" some Cerakote onto metal, well sure.

It's probably like asking a machinist how "hard" it is to mill high power cuts onto a slide. For a guy who has been cutting and running a mill for a living, it's probably fairly easy but, for a guy who has never touched a mill, its not going to be nearly as easy and the results will probably be subpar.

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Nice Job. If you are capable I would checker the front strap. That is about the only other thing I think I would do. I don't know if this can be done, now that you have it finished.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Nice Job. If you are capable I would checker the front strap. That is about the only other thing I think I would do. I don't know if this can be done, now that you have it finished.

Anything that requires me to cut on the pistol will require a full refinish. I am probably going to keep it this way for the next few months. Feb/March I will checker the frame do some other stuff:)

Thanks for the compliments guys!

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Updated pics with new VZ grips that came in today along with some with a High Power Practical!

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    looks great.

Can you do us all a favor and PM a mod, or report your own post, and request that the word GUNSMITHING be added to the title? this will help in our endeavor to get the gunsmithing subforum.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Interesting... I'm not sure on that! I would be curious as to what mods have to say on that...

While I would understand unsolicited advertising of your business as that takes away ad revenue but If they were to say you cant even mention it if asked, I'd have a few choice words for them. After all, there is a thread here that encourages anyone for hire to post their info if they are for hire. I dont recall it specifically exempting gun related services. (However the first post in the thread might :dunno:)

While I would completely understand waiting for mod input before saying anything further, based on other threads I think you should be cool since I am now asking directly for your details. :):

I'm really digging the two tone and wouldnt mind looking into having my SSII slide refinished in black. That looks sharp! You obviously know what you are doing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You guys can't PM?
    Maybe if you wrangle enough biz for the OP, he'll spring for the advertising package? :yesway:

I could... but Im a fan of keeping info others could use out in the open. I cant be the only one with a SS 1911 thinking "Gee, mine would look sharp like that too!"

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Really nice OP. I love the new grips. the machine work is awesome It's obvious you're very talented! Please keep sharing your work. If you want please add "gunsmithing" to future post. It will help show interest in the need for a gunsmithing forum.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    OP.... Do you have a FFL? If not, you probably need one before taking in work. AllenM at Diamond Collision got one for that very reason. Awesome work by the way. The kimber looks much better now.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom