• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    I also called today...completely different result. I applied online and did the fingerprint card at local PD on 8/6, and they mailed my app w/ money order to the ISP on 8/15. When I spoke with the lady today she confirmed they have my application, and it's in the "background" stage. She was able to tell me the last time my application was "opened" was 10/26 :rolleyes: I do have one prior arrest, a misdemeanor nine years ago (in Indy). The timetable on which they operate is ridiculous....I could have gotten a Passport at least twice by now :dunno:

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Who are you guys calling? Wouldn't this be a different result for everyone that went to a different police station?

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I also called today...completely different result. I applied online and did the fingerprint card at local PD on 8/6, and they mailed my app w/ money order to the ISP on 8/15. When I spoke with the lady today she confirmed they have my application, and it's in the "background" stage. She was able to tell me the last time my application was "opened" was 10/26 :rolleyes: I do have one prior arrest, a misdemeanor nine years ago (in Indy). The timetable on which they operate is ridiculous....I could have gotten a Passport at least twice by now :dunno:

Looks like you are going to get yours around the same time as me. They opened mine on the 10/25 and according to them they are still processing it. I had a arrest few years back as well. Now I am just hopeful to have it by Xmas.

Join the impatient club my friend. :popcorn:

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Anyone from Monroe County apply recently? Does it differ by county how long it takes? Also, is it faster to get a 4-year processed than lifetime? I mailed my application, fee and fingerprints on 10/25 (no L-1). MO was cashed on 10/29. So it's been about 4 1/2 weeks since that. I'm hoping it doesn't take 11 or 12 weeks like others have said. I didn't do L-1 because I was thinking I wouldn't be able to buy a handgun for a few months, but ended up getting one earlier than expected. Wishing I would've spent the $10 for L-1. Not even a speeding ticket on my record, so hopefully that helps it go faster. I think I'll call tomorrow to make sure it's moving along. It's hard to be patient!

UPDATE 11/30: I called ISP this morning and was told they are currently not even starting to process non-L1 applications for 13 weeks from the date the money order was cashed. But also that if your record is clean it goes really fast from that point. I was told sometime in January. That's a crazy long time. I still have hope it won't be that long since others recently have gotten even non-L1 applications processed in 7 or 8 weeks. We'll see.

Last edited:

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Morris, did you do L1 fingerprinting?

Also, if anyone's curious, I asked if I could do L1 after already submitting the application with paper prints to speed up the process. I was told that I can do that if I pay the $10 L1 fee, and also pay the $30 state fee (4-year) again. One of the $30 state fees would be refunded after they get to my paper application and process the L1 prints. So I don't think it would really be worth it because they're still going to take a while to get to my original application since it was paper prints.

Morris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Morris, did you do L1 fingerprinting?

Also, if anyone's curious, I asked if I could do L1 after already submitting the application with paper prints to speed up the process. I was told that I can do that if I pay the $10 L1 fee, and also pay the $30 state fee (4-year) again. One of the $30 state fees would be refunded after they get to my paper application and process the L1 prints. So I don't think it would really be worth it because they're still going to take a while to get to my original application since it was paper prints.

Yeah, I done the L1 i paid 85 at the L1 office, and 50 at police station.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Anyone from Monroe County apply recently? Does it differ by county how long it takes? Also, is it faster to get a 4-year processed than lifetime? I mailed my application, fee and fingerprints on 10/25 (no L-1). MO was cashed on 10/29. So it's been about 4 1/2 weeks since that. I'm hoping it doesn't take 11 or 12 weeks like others have said. I didn't do L-1 because I was thinking I wouldn't be able to buy a handgun for a few months, but ended up getting one earlier than expected. Wishing I would've spent the $10 for L-1. Not even a speeding ticket on my record, so hopefully that helps it go faster. I think I'll call tomorrow to make sure it's moving along. It's hard to be patient!

UPDATE 11/30: I called ISP this morning and was told they are currently not even starting to process non-L1 applications for 13 weeks from the date the money order was cashed. But also that if your record is clean it goes really fast from that point. I was told sometime in January. That's a crazy long time. I still have hope it won't be that long since others recently have gotten even non-L1 applications processed in 7 or 8 weeks. We'll see.

Just plan on waiting several months. You should have done lifetime L1. I mailed mine late August and still nothing. Granted I had a arrest 3 years ago. Don't count on seeing if any sooner than 14 weeks. If they will let you send in L1 just upgrade to lifetime and jump on it. Talking less than a month vs 3 months or longer. I'm within a week or two according to them. So I'm obviously gonna wait.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    That's lightning fast considering they are 10 business days behind? Did you do yours earlier in the year?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom