• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Chr15topher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    New Albany
    I feel like they are extremely backed up and just throwing December 12th out there. My wife did L1 in Clark county on December 15th and got hers back 3-4 weeks ago.

Win1300

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    I know it.. I don't know what's wrong over there. I mean the tragedy hadn't even happened yet, but then again the excuse we have as a president got "reelected" around then also. So there's two reason why there was a rush..

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Can someone explain to me how the background checks work? Am I correct in assuming that they look up the information in the computer? I guess I picture it something like googling the person.

francerichard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2009
    I applied for my lifetime permit on the 2nd of November. I just got off the phone with the Indiana State Police. The lady told me they were just now getting to the applications submitted in October. She said it would be another 3 weeks before they would get to mine.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    I called L1 and they reffered me to the firearms division of ISP. Called the number and the lady told me they are still on mid October apps traditional way. Sh e said I could still do the L1 route and would receive a state fee refund in the mail when they processed it. I think Im gonna do that.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Can anyone tell me why L1 is faster? just because its electronic? Obviously I get that electronic is faster than snail mail. My question is, the mail doesnt take a month to get anywhere from Indiana to ISP, so why would it take that much longer to do a background check on a mailed set of fingerprints to one sent electronicly? I have been trying to look for this but cant find anything on it.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Im totally guessing here .. But .. A) id go with what you said .. electronic is faster .. and B) since it cost more Id suspect they dont get as many L1 applications. So due to the higher # of non-electronic finger prints it just takes them longer to go through them. Possibly a C) would be the amount of time it takes someone to digitize the finger print cards to cross reference the Db. ??

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Im totally guessing here .. But .. A) id go with what you said .. electronic is faster .. and B) since it cost more Id suspect they dont get as many L1 applications. So due to the higher # of non-electronic finger prints it just takes them longer to go through them. Possibly a C) would be the amount of time it takes someone to digitize the finger print cards to cross reference the Db. ??

Absolutely correct, L1 is faster. Before the rush, you could get an L1 license back in a couple weeks. Inked fingerprints were about 3 months.

joshpribble79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Rockville
    I have already done my fingerprints the slow way and did my application on line now I'm going L1 tomorrow will I have to go back to my local LE and do anything ?

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    Whoo hoo Got mine today! Filed on Dec 12, L1 paid online, Madison County Sheriff. So it was 7 weeks. Not bad for having 2 holidays in between.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Money order cashed 10/29, non-L1. Will be 14 weeks on Monday and still waiting. On 1/8 I was told 2-3 more weeks but it's looking like if I don't get it next week it's going to be 4 weeks or so from when they told me that. Probably looking at 15 weeks total.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    I Mailed my to Indy this morning, I am not in a rush considering I do not own a pistol yet. I will have one by the time my LTCH comes through. I did mine the old fashion way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom