• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I just wanted to know if anyone had any feedback on here regarding a Bauer 25acp pistol. Reason I ask is because recently I have been interested in pocket type pistols in calibers 25acp, 32acp, and 380acp. I would like to get a few in each caliber to add to the collection, but would like to start with the Bauer. I have heard they are copies of the Browning pocket pistol in the same caliber. But given this is a copy of another gun. I am unsure if these are good guns or not.

Also to anyone who may throw this in there, I don't really plan on carrying this gun, as I am aware of the "stopping power" of the 25acp, and if I did start carrying it, it would be as a back up to one of my other guns I use for personal protection.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I had one years ago and it was a great little gun. Quality wise it is fine. No matter what you you think of a .25 cal, it is still better than nothing. I do still carry a Tomcat .32 on occasion when nothing else is possible.

Mossmug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Greene County
    Stainless copy of Browning. Good gun .

I have one I bought in about 1970 ? It is almost too little. It shoots great and is reliable .

A funny story about this gun. I shot NRA bullseye in a 22 league so I took this gun to test. I put up the standard 50 foot target ( at 50 foot ) and shot one round. Everybody was laughting at me but shut up when I brought the target back with a hole that took out the " x " . I quit shooting it there ( I'm no fool ! ).:cheers:

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I have one I bought in about 1970 ? It is almost too little. It shoots great and is reliable .

A funny story about this gun. I shot NRA bullseye in a 22 league so I took this gun to test. I put up the standard 50 foot target ( at 50 foot ) and shot one round. Everybody was laughting at me but shut up when I brought the target back with a hole that took out the " x " . I quit shooting it there ( I'm no fool ! ).:cheers:
    Were you aiming at the sky?:D
    I had a .25, you could not hit a 50 gal. drum at 10 paces with the one I had:dunno:

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    that's the way to do it

:yesway:Well done! That was a great shot and it was very smart of you not to try to duplicate it, as you know. I hope you acted like it was no big deal and that you do that everyday. :):

Terry

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Question

I just looked at the gun at one of the online gun auction sites. I had never heard of before reading this thread. It appears to be a single aciton only auto with a safety near the left side of the grip. Is that correct?

Terry

blaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    I have one. It is a cute little gun. Kind of heavy for its size. Mine runs fine. I never really carried it much. The thing kind of makes me nervous. It is striker fired and the safety is not positive at all. There is no click or ball detent, it just kind of swings in a arc without much resistance. I'm just no comfortable with it riding around in my pocket cocked and sort of locked. For a small carry gun I've been useing a TCP.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Got one

I have one and it's fine for what it is. It is such a close copy of the Browning that parts will interchange, however since it is stainless and the Browning isn't I don't see the purpose. I have the walnut grips and much prefer them to the white pearl ones.

Top Bottom