• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have a MTAC, I have often wondered about the crossbreed, also hear great things about a guy over on a Glock forum that makes and sells his own for $50 shipped with perfect reviews.

Love my MTAC, it simply works, wish I had the time and money to try all three...

The crossbreed is for sure the widest of them all, if you have a heavy weapon I would think you would want it to spread the weight.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    XD9sc in a crossbreed for me.
    All day comfortable.
    I opted for the horsehide and also picked up a belt and the velcro clips. I never use the belt and velcro option. My every day belts do the job fine with the standard steel clips.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I don't have to Crossbreed, but I do have the MTAC, and I love it. Plus I really like the idea of being able to switch out the Kydex piece so I can have one holster for multiple pistols

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I got a crossbreed recently for my sig 229 and it carries great, but I did notice it was dragging my pants down in one spot, but I had on pants that are too loose though

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    I have both the Blackhawk and Crossbreed for a XD40 service model and the crossbreed conceals great and is real comfortable. Blackhawk Serpa holsters are great for OC but Crossbreeds are the best for CC.:twocents:

Keep the Blackhawk and get the Crossbreed.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I use a minituck for my Kahr P380 and have a Supertuck coming for my G26 as well as a Crossbreed gunbelt. They are very, very comfortable. I highly recommend them.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have one and carry a M&P in it. I've worn it all day with no problems - I wouldn't say that you can't tell you're wearing it but I would say that it's extremely comfortable. It conceals very well under a t-shirt. It's worth the money and the small wait.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I have one for my XD, plus the belt and velcro option. I use the velcro all the time. I also opted for the horsehide. They work very well and spread the weight nicely. Printing is only a problem for me if I'm wearing only a t-shirt, but I'm pretty skinny.

I only have 2 complaints about the setup:
    1. The belt buckle jingles. It has an extra piece of metal formed into a tube around the buckle itself. It makes the point of contact between the buckle and the belt wider so it doesn't damage the belt as much over time. But it's noisy when unbuckled.

2. My holster squeaks. The clips rubbing against the leather can produce a squeak. I just went to Tractor Supply and bought some saddle oil for it which has really cut down on it, but it's still there.

Other than that I can't say enough good things about the crossbreed.

Top Bottom