• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I should have distinguished. I'd just been trying to wedge some telephone/internet/cable TV tech knowledge into my mom's brain, so I was a little dizzy.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Or, don't accept a credit card with RFID

Soon to be impossible - by federal law, if I'm not mistaken. I just got my shiny, new replacement debit card from my bank, with chip, to comply with that law. Nothing wrong with my old card, other than that it didn't have a chip.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Soon to be impossible - by federal law, if I'm not mistaken. I just got my shiny, new replacement debit card from my bank, with chip, to comply with that law. Nothing wrong with my old card, other than that it didn't have a chip.

RFID and Chip are different. Federal law will require chip; it will not require RFID.

What Doug said.
    I have no problem with the chip and enhanced security.
    I'm the guy that thanks a cashier that checks his picture ID to make sure he is the person on the CC.
    I do NOT want the RFID, which is different than the chip.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sometimes, someone tries to "help" you, whether you like it or not.
    I didn't ask for RFID. But they were doing it to save me the "trouble" of swiping. I mean, How Much Trouble Is That?
    Or some store that kept trying to push their card on me. It save me money. Why don't I get it? Cause I DON'T WANT IT. Ugh.
    Improved tech on the card to prevent info being stolen. GOOD.
    But I don't want RFID.

I hear ya', Act. Every couple of years I have to fend off my bank from 'doing me a favor' and providing me a debit card in place of my ATM (the machine, not the INGO alum) access card. I don't and will never want a debit card, I just pay all my card balances in total at month's end. No one has a direct connection to my real money so if they steal they steal Visa's money or Mcards not mine. And then the rat bastards charge me $10 annually for the ATM access only card. I guess they're just not making enough money on me elsewhere

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What Doug said.
    I have no problem with the chip and enhanced security.
    I'm the guy that thanks a cashier that checks his picture ID to make sure he is the person on the CC.
    I do NOT want the RFID, which is different than the chip.

Sorry, I was reading two different things up-thread, and didn't differentiate. I have no problem with the chip, but would not want RFID, and would probably not use my phone to conduct a CC transaction, either.

I'm also the guy who writes "See ID" next to my signature on my card - and who also thanks the cashier for seeing it, and then asking for ID.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't sign them (why give someone who might physically steal the card an exemplar of my signature). I print 'ask for photo ID' in that block

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    There's a reason that the elites want to ban cash, and it's not because they are tired of you making things inconvenient for yourself.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom