• ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Wow!

Let me get this straight... no one's calling COVID the cold or the flu? Except it is a flu because flu is in the name??? And if it weren't for the media hype, no one would have noticed, because the numbers are all made up anyway, so people would have just thought it was a bad cold or flu and went about their business, none the wiser?

Wow! Just wow!
    Have you had it?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The truth slowly leaks out. This virus is so deadly you can go to work in a healthcare facility if they need the help. And for the Covidiots out there the source of this info is solid.

After implementing a coronavirus mandate for health care workers this fall, Rhode Island has now opened an option for COVID-positive health care workers to continue working if their facility is facing a staffing crisis.
    Workers at other hospitals and skilled nursing homes in the state who are "mildly symptomatic" can also continue working if the facilities are facing a staffing crisis, according to the Rhode Island Department of Health.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wow!

Let me get this straight... no one's calling COVID the cold or the flu? Except it is a flu because flu is in the name??? And if it weren't for the media hype, no one would have noticed, because the numbers are all made up anyway, so people would have just thought it was a bad cold or flu and went about their business, none the wiser?

Wow! Just wow!
    Did this doctor just say they are the same disease? Or maybe they are start to admit they can’t distinguish between the flu and wuwho…

“The disease is the same disease. They’re viral and cause difficulty breathing since both attack the upper respiratory tract,” said Arnon Vizhnitser, the director of the hospital’s gynecology department.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The truth slowly leaks out. This virus is so deadly you can go to work in a healthcare facility if they need the help. And for the Covidiots out there the source of this info is solid.

After implementing a coronavirus mandate for health care workers this fall, Rhode Island has now opened an option for COVID-positive health care workers to continue working if their facility is facing a staffing crisis.
    Workers at other hospitals and skilled nursing homes in the state who are "mildly symptomatic" can also continue working if the facilities are facing a staffing crisis, according to the Rhode Island Department of Health.

In other news, hospital administrators and executives are shortsighted, progressive morons... :rolleyes:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    i think she's needed in this thread

salma-hayek-33.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Seeing lots of vaccinated COVID positive patients. Sending them all home
    Myself, my wife, all 4 kids, mother-in-law (83), Mom (82), all got Covid over the past 2 weeks. All vaccinated, all very mild. None of us went to the hospital, not even close.

My wife and daughters tested positive (wife wanted to know for weekend plans, 1 daughter needed it for work, the other daughter can avoid testing for 3 months after she goes back to college with a positive test). We gave it to my mother-in-law before we knew we had it. My Mom got it elsewhere. It's nice that the Moms, both with plenty of pre-existing conditions, had it so mild and are just about over it. Since we apparently gave it to my older son over Christmas, he ended up coming down and spending the New Years weekend with us (he took an at-home test).

The worst part for me was 3 or 4 days of a bad sore throat and clogged sinuses, but no real complaints. Even at the "peak" I was working outside cleaning up the yard before the snow came.

Obviously, we have no idea what variant this was, but I'm curious.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Is that any different than what you do with the majority of the unvaxxed?
    For presumed omicron, no. We are certainly still admitting people with presumed COVID but so many are testing negative for rapid despite what appears to be obvious COVID symptoms with recent exposure, so hard to say for certain.

2pm, we have 92 on board, 29 in waiting room. 29 patients specifically here for concern for or having known COVID.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Perhaps in your mind that exchange happened... but not in my post history which I just checked. :)
    Oddly enough, I believe I was talking to and about Jcharmin7 in that respect, so that might explain the fruitless search. I respond to a lot of people, also, so I could even be wrong that it was him I was responding to when trying to make a poster see that the percentage of unvaxxed cases proceeding to hospitalization and death was comparable to the percentage of vaxxed cases in the CDCs own released data for April to end of July, and that looking at percentages was the proper way to compare the protection afforded by vaccination among two samples of disparate size (hence the cage driver/motorcyclist comparison) rather than doggedly asserting that vaxxed/unvaxxed proportion is roughly 50/50 so representation in hospital should be the same or therefore vaccines work

Scroll back, you'll see the proof... I even put it all together in one post.

A post number would be handier. Your assumption about the importance your post should represent to me is at variance with how much effort, if any, I intend to put into this

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Oddly enough, I believe I was talking to and about Jcharmin7 in that respect, so that might explain the fruitless search. I respond to a lot of people, also, so I could even be wrong that it was him I was responding to when trying to make a poster see that the percentage of unvaxxed cases proceeding to hospitalization and death was comparable to the percentage of vaxxed cases in the CDCs own released data for April to end of July, and that looking at percentages was the proper way to compare the protection afforded by vaccination among two samples of disparate size (hence the cage driver/motorcyclist comparison) rather than doggedly asserting that vaxxed/unvaxxed proportion is roughly 50/50 so representation in hospital should be the same or therefore vaccines work
    Been there, done that. It's all good.

A post number would be handier. Your assumption about the importance your post should represent to me is at variance with how much effort, if any, I intend to put into this

#507 in handy link form

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Um....Trump got Big Pharma bazllions....so there's that. Personally, I think having a "Big Pharma" is a lot better than not having one, pandemic or not.

I understand what he did. Trump was listening to his advisors and pushed the vaccines into high gear. I don't believe the mass wealth exchange that took place was his plan, though I could be wrong. I agree that there are positives to having big pharma, along with major downsides as well. Have you looked up how may times they've been sued, fined and otherwise caught for doing pretty horrific things? I don't think there's a drug company out there who hasn't done some pretty abhorrent things in the name of money. Yes, some people benefit while others suffer.

Top Bottom