churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well today was different

Went to the Meijer on Southport - I spotted maybe one person, not including myself, not wearing a mask. It's like **** changed overnight and everyone got their marching orders.

I was in the west side <>owes today and the patrons seemed more masked up than the other day but the employees are getting Pissed off having to wear them.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Like I said, the term "mask" as it is used today does not differentiate. It includes cloth thingies and respirators, even the military calls a gas mask a "mask". It is generic term that covers the whole spectrum.

But that's just not true. The social engineering "wear a mask" campaign* is simply not talking about respirators. To be most precise, it is talking about face coverings.

* It is specifically within the context of this social engineering campaign that I'm discussing. I'm not arguing that you and I have a different colloquial understanding of the term "mask", or that the military or other entities refer to respirators as masks, etc. Only that the social engineering campaign is not referring to respirators when it pushes "wear a mask".

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    What is the goal of this social engineering?

Fear. Compliance.
    Just like a double yellow line on a road indicating do not pass. Or a speed limit sign, or seat belt laws. Or the 16th amendment or drug laws or any other thing that you didn't used to agree with but now you do.

Happy Independence Day.

I remember as a little kid asking my Dad why the 72 Charger had the 70 mph mark written in orange, he explained that the limit used to be 70. Does anyone remember when there wasn't really a limit or when it got dropped to 55. Different subjects, but I think the psychology is similar.

(TBH I started writing this to poke at the anti-maskers but now I feel it could go either way...)

I'm going to go shoot something.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Just like a double yellow line on a road indicating do not pass. Or a speed limit sign, or seat belt laws. Or the 16th amendment or drug laws or any other thing that you didn't used to agree with but now you do.

Happy Independence Day.

I remember as a little kid asking my Dad why the 72 Charger had the 70 mph mark written in orange, he explained that the limit used to be 70. Does anyone remember when there wasn't really a limit or when it got dropped to 55. Different subjects, but I think the psychology is similar.

(TBH I started writing this to poke at the anti-maskers but now I feel it could go either way...)

I'm going to go shoot something.

Driving an automobile on public roadways is not a (natural, constitutionally protected) right; it is a privilege (i.e. a civil, government-conferred, "right").

Government compulsion to shutter one's business, wear a face covering in public, refrain from gathering for religious services, etc. - these are direct infringements on God-given, natural rights (among which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness) that are constitutionally protected against infringement.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    But that's just not true. The social engineering "wear a mask" campaign* is simply not talking about respirators. To be most precise, it is talking about face coverings.

* It is specifically within the context of this social engineering campaign that I'm discussing. I'm not arguing that you and I have a different colloquial understanding of the term "mask", or that the military or other entities refer to respirators as masks, etc. Only that the social engineering campaign is not referring to respirators when it pushes "wear a mask".

Just an opinion difference. I think they are referring to the whole spectrum of "masks", not just the hankies. If someone wears a respirator like the most common one, a 3M 8210, there is not a place in the world that would call them out for not wearing a "mask".

"Mask" covers everything. "Respirator" is a subset of "mask" where the device does more filtering.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mask

mask

noun
    \ ˈmask

Definition of mask

3a : a protective covering for the face
    b : gas mask
    c : a device covering the mouth and nose to facilitate inhalation
    d : a comparable device to prevent exhalation of infectious material

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    This is a 3M 8210, it is a mask that is also a respirator mask.

144e2aa00602f67b5f45ce78b8a6c12d.jpg

3M Particulate Respirator 3MM8210, N95

The 3M 8210 Respirator is the most popular particulate respirator in the world! These N95 3M masks are a high quality disposable respirators featuring lightweight construction for greater worker comfort and increased wear time. The N95 Respirator masks have an adjustable nose clip that helps provide a custom fit and secure seal. Designed to provide comfort for workers to protect against certain non-oil based particles. (Box of 20)

https://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/3m-8210-respirator.html

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Coronavirus fun.

I wear a mask in public while open carrying a full size pistol. All the non-mask wearing "don't tread on me" folks look at my pistol and my mask like I am nuts. All the mask wearing folks look at my mask and my pistol like I am nuts!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Driving an automobile on public roadways is not a (natural, constitutionally protected) right; it is a privilege (i.e. a civil, government-conferred, "right").

Government compulsion to shutter one's business, wear a face covering in public, refrain from gathering for religious services, etc. - these are direct infringements on God-given, natural rights (among which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness) that are constitutionally protected against infringement.
    I get that there is a difference and it’s far from a perfect analogy.
    I think the example you present aren’t exactly intellectually honest; you roll the dice when you run a business, the God given natural right prevents the govt from telling you what to believe, not exactly how and when you can gather.

I still believe some people are resisting the idea of masks for the wrong reasons, i.e. myy riiiiights, vs common sense health control. Ok that didn’t come across very well.
    I don’t like the idea of government picking winners and losers, but it does happen all the time, we’re just conditioned to it, and we’re not conditioned to being told what to do at this level of detail.

I think the whole problem is just like so many others, the powers that be are going about this completely backwards and upside down. Whoever wants to wear a mask, wear one, for you! Not for others. That’s where the mandating is ridiculous. You will never get 100% compliance, nor safety. If the people worried about it were told to wear an effective mask then they shouldn’t care what others did.

About 11,000 posts ago nonobaddog told me he hoped I wasn’t around him when I had my n95 with exhale valve on, because I was part of the problem not solution. My opinion really hasn’t changed, I’ll wear a mask for me, you wear a mask for you, don’t judge each other, and everything’s good.

tl;dr the mandating is wrong in that it should be about personal responsibility not relying on others for our safety!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coronavirus fun.

I wear a mask in public while open carrying a full size pistol. All the non-mask wearing "don't tread on me" folks look at my pistol and my mask like I am nuts. All the mask wearing folks look at my mask and my pistol like I am nuts!
    I’ve had the same thinking, but don’t really have the opportunity to OC where anyone would see.
    People need to stop putting people in boxes.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Coronavirus fun.

INGO group buy? :)

tread.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Coronavirus fun.

But YOU are nuts. :p

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I sharpied mine.

I will COMPLY USA.

When they began requiring them at work a few weeks ago.

Freshening the Sharpie up keeps the high going.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom