• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    ETA: Please don't read this as argumentative, it comes off here as too direct when I just mean to be asking questions...

What makes the shortages political? I guess the first thing I think about is packing plants when you say shortage. And from that angle, I just don't see anything as political. They don't want to close; the closest you can get to political is the possibility that packing plants are filled with migrants or illegal aliens or some group that shouldn't be allowed, politically.

In the bigger picture, what makes anything political? I've read every post in all three threads and yes it gets political but isn't that all man made? Made by us and the links we bring in by people who have ulterior motives? I don't see the virus, the symptoms, or the data as political, like many here appear to.

To answer your question IMO it's too early to claim the virus is not still a major epidemiological issue, and "next" has more to do with being content with what you have and actively making the world a better place.

Unfortunately politics has invaded the the situation. Bankrupt states are looking for bailouts for unrelated economic issues. Political parties are looking for advantage as are candidates in the current election process. That does not even take into account the competition among those with patents for vaccines and medications that may be advantageous in the coronavirus treatment vs medications that are off patent and cheap to the masses. Then there are academics competing for big bucks of federal funding along with the competition among nation states.

I stand by my claim, it is all politics and powerful competition now...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Stacked Pickle had been getting close to life support for the last 12-18 months. They are very hit or miss depending on the location. I always found the Carmel location to be very good, the one in Fishers was a disaster at their original location, then they moved up to SR37 and closed after something like 6 months. The food there was really inconsistent and it was never busy.

I went one time and wasn't impressed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ha ha
    I beat you by a couple hours.

[video=youtube;ITvQhX8pBl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITvQhX8pBl0[/video]

Tinpot Dictator
    You must apologize for "disrespecting" and elected official.
    WHAT?

[video=youtube;ITvQhX8pBl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITvQhX8pBl0[/video]

[video=youtube;DwMBtltVHZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwMBtltVHZ4[/video]

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    What evidence would convince you one way or the other?

At this point, I am not sure. There has been manipulation of data, multiple interpretations of data and political opinions of data. I am not sure who one can believe at this point that would convince me one way or the other.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Imagine that.
    New Zealand surprised that criminals would take advantage of the virus situation.

[video=youtube_share;Lgpwd9yaDVQ]https://youtu.be/Lgpwd9yaDVQ[/video]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am in my 40's. I see no reason to always carry my phone with me. Turing one off really does not turn it off. Just like shutting off your location does not shut off the GPS, it just limits APPs access to it.

When we get to the 'Snowden' level of government malfeasance I'll carry it in a conductive metal case

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have always appreciated your posts on the sit-rep overall. The shortages to come, shipping trends and the like. Please consider making a thread on that topic and removing it from this thread. And thanks for your posts...

I think many of us are better prepared because of them...

You don't feel that the dangers and inaccuracies of government sponsored 'tracing' are germane to a thread on coronavirus? I believe we have previously discussed the Apple/Google app and it's shortcomings here without drama

Edit: You wouldn't find that a willingness of those on the left to call for your internment for just being within 30 feet of a WuVid 19 positive individual (limit of Bluetooth RSSI discrimination accuracy) would affect your SA and prep behavior? It could get to be about more than toilet paper and ground beef

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom