Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Lots and lots of rumors today that a statewide travel ban and "papers, please" order coming either today or the 29th. Looks like many large companies already sending out letters/passes/etc to show police when stopped.

Because nothing says "social distancing" like a police officer sticking his face into dozens of cars a day to interrogate people about where they're going or why.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Chinese virus thread

Lots and lots of rumors today that a statewide travel ban and "papers, please" order coming either today or the 29th. Looks like many large companies already sending out letters/passes/etc to show police when stopped.

Because nothing says "social distancing" like a police officer sticking his face into dozens of cars a day to interrogate people about where they're going or why.

I work in a hospital and they've told us explicitly that this isn't even on the table HOWEVER if it does happen our employee I.D.'S will serve the function as necessary. This by the same state agency that said it isn't on the table.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I work in a hospital and they've told us explicitly that this isn't even on the table HOWEVER if it does happen our employee I.D.'S will serve the function as necessary. This by the same state agency that said it isn't on the table.

Seems to be coming from Walmart and other national corporations, could be something they're pushing out to everyone, everywhere because different states are doing different things.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Everyone's bored.
    Seems my sub time prepared me for something.
    Except, I'm still working.

We're not even making the exotic steels used in auto safety cages.
    Not a lot of orders for that.
    We are making steel for cans.
    Less money. But still more profitable than the lower grades.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Everyone's bored.
    Seems my sub time prepared me for something.
    Except, I'm still working.

We're not even making the exotic steels used in auto safety cages.
    Not a lot of orders for that.
    We are making steel for cans.
    Less money. But still more profitable than the lower grades.

Everyone buying cans, I thank you.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Not sure if the state is keeping this current....but this is the website I used for snow travel info during snow storms. I think this may still apply?

https://www.in.gov/dhs/traveladvisory/
    Well this would be a good guide to use telling my wife about a new gun purchase. I use it for decisions on office closings for snow events.

If if we go Orange I’m okay but have to explain. If our county goes Red I get a pass and she just smiles I am keeping her safe. She rode along to fill up gas cans yesterday and saw a box in the back seat and asked what it was. I said ammo and she didn’t even ask how much.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Nah. It hasn’t happened anywhere else like that has it? Ok maybe NYC but we ain’t them. It’s going to be a firm suggestion to stay home with an order to close non essential business, and most will stay home, if something or someone gets out of hand the simple order gives them a little power to send you home.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    giphy.gif
    You know you develop a picture in your minds eye about how someone looks, I had it nailed about you! Thanks for sharing your real self.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Nah. It hasn’t happened anywhere else like that has it? Ok maybe NYC but we ain’t them. It’s going to be a firm suggestion to stay home with an order to close non essential business, and most will stay home, if something or someone gets out of hand the simple order gives them a little power to send you home.

plus most people can’t just stay home now, there hasn’t been enough food at the grocery stores to do so (which means trucks will always have jobs, along with everyone who services them (gas station employees, fast food, grocery stores, banks, vehicle service industry, etc).

if it comes down to “show me your papers” for people who have to work, they are in my car. I don’t believe it ever will beside in major cities though.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Lol. You must know some real winner officers. No one in my AO is even remotely interested in such shenanigans. We do have some amazing agencies up here, but I find it difficult to believe that they are that much outside of the norm for Indiana. Except troopers. :):

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    FDA response?

So there’s a rush to bypass the FDA rules and regulations to rush out magic wonder drugs. The FDA has never been nimble and quickfooted and is filled with a swamp dwellers. Where do we find the balance of solving an immediate problem without months (years) of test trials while still protecting the public.

I’m pretty comfortable with the idea of prescribing drugs that have been used for years (malaria) but not “tested” for a new virus. Seems like the primary concern is effectiveness and you might as well take a placebo.

My fear is rolling out a new wonder drug for a new virus and having unintended consequences like the birth defects caused by Thalomid. Another concern is drug interactions with so many people on multiple prescription drugs as well as all their unregulated non-FDA supplements and herbal drugs.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Something else I’m happy about. My wife is a registered nurse at one of the local hospitals. I was worried about her having patients with this. Due to her health history, she won’t be allowed to have those patients. While it doesn’t ease all fears it helps knowing she probably won’t.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is a golden opportunity for us to clean and organize our houses, shops, do all the things we normally put off or don’t do often enough due to lack of time and poor time management.

Yep. Plus, the grass is greening up and mine might be ready to mow this week. But...I just had a hernia fixed a couple weeks ago and with the restrictions, it really puts the ki-Bosch on lots of stuff. (I wish I’d followed a church friend’s advice and had this done back in the earlier part of winter.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom