• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Smithfield Foods to close Sioux Falls plant indefinitely amid COVID-19 outbreak

Smithfield Foods will close its Sioux Falls facility until further notice, the company announced Sunday in a news release.

The closure comes after the South Dakota Department of Health said 238 of Minnehaha's 438 COVID-19 cases involve "individuals who work at Smithfield Foods." The plant was identified as the largest hot spot in the state with about 38% of the state's cases. Those numbers were last updated Saturday.
    Smithfield will fully shutdown on Wednesday. The plant will partially be operated through Tuesday to process inventory, according to the news release.

While the plant is making the decision to close indefinitely, President and CEO Kenneth Sullivan said in the news release that the closure "is pushing our country perilously close to the edge in terms of our meat supply."

"We have continued to run our facilities for one reason: to sustain our nation’s food supply during this pandemic," Sullivan said. "We believe it is our obligation to help feed the country, now more than ever. We have a stark choice as a nation: we are either going to produce food or not, even in the face of COVID-19."
    https://www.argusleader.com/story/n...ndefinetly-amid-covid-19-outbreak/2978385001/

Yes,the company itself is owned by
    Hong Kong-based WH

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are multiple words that weren't racist until they were. Do we continue their usage because at one time they weren't or do we change our behavior?

I for one am sick and tired of, absolutely f*****g fed up, with allowing a subset of SJW to keep redefining words, and calling those that don't want to play their game names! It is nothing more than a power play over others, just something they can force others to do. F**K them in the strongest terms...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Like all words, meaning is tied to usage.

Neutral people have almost entirely dropped using the geographical reference. Openly racist groups use only the geographical reference.

When there's a difference, I don't want to find myself on the same side as the groups that actively and openly self-describe as racists.

See above post...

And stop talking, writing, and posting, bad people use words and you doing those things puts you on their side...

That sentence sounds ridiculous and it is, so is controlling words. My god SJW think using retarded in ANY sentence is wrong, can't retard spark anymore without being called names...

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It’s Easter. Let’s not bicker about different beliefs or opinions today. Let us who believe in Christ appreciate the raising from the grave and come together for this one day. We can bicker tomorrow. Happy Easter everyone, enjoy your families, forget about the virus for one day.

Happy Easter to you....but it's only Palm Sunday!?!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Exactly! Rep always appreciated but not what most of us are pandering for. If I dont get repped I dont cry myself to sleep or boycott INGO.
    I did try to rep you though and the rep nazis say its too soon again

If I was here for the rep, I would start calling it the Chinese Virus!:):

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I for one am sick and tired of, absolutely f*****g fed up, with allowing a subset of SJW to keep redefining words, and calling those that don't want to play their game names! It is nothing more than a power play over others, just something they can force others to do. F**K them in the strongest terms...

Good for you - it’s called free speech for a reason.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Wow, the picture in my mind of DoggyDaddy laying back and squirting across the room? It cannot be unseen, must...drink...more...Bourbon.
    You think he hikes his leg when he pees? I had a pit bull that would squat but all my other males would hike a leg. Dunno why he squatted. He was also blind

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Smithfield Foods to close Sioux Falls plant indefinitely amid COVID-19 outbreak

Smithfield Foods will close its Sioux Falls facility until further notice, the company announced Sunday in a news release.

The closure comes after the South Dakota Department of Health said 238 of Minnehaha's 438 COVID-19 cases involve "individuals who work at Smithfield Foods." The plant was identified as the largest hot spot in the state with about 38% of the state's cases. Those numbers were last updated Saturday.
    Smithfield will fully shutdown on Wednesday. The plant will partially be operated through Tuesday to process inventory, according to the news release.

While the plant is making the decision to close indefinitely, President and CEO Kenneth Sullivan said in the news release that the closure "is pushing our country perilously close to the edge in terms of our meat supply."

"We have continued to run our facilities for one reason: to sustain our nation’s food supply during this pandemic," Sullivan said. "We believe it is our obligation to help feed the country, now more than ever. We have a stark choice as a nation: we are either going to produce food or not, even in the face of COVID-19."
    https://www.argusleader.com/story/n...ndefinetly-amid-covid-19-outbreak/2978385001/

Yes,the company itself is owned by
    Hong Kong-based WH

They disassemble pigs I think. I like pork so time to stock up a little.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I think I have had my fill off wall to wall 24/7 Chinese virus drama.

Time to get back to work and get the show on the road.

Also, time to figure out what should be done with those little Chinese bastards in their biological weapons lab in Wuhan for unleashing all this damage.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    They disassemble pigs I think. I like pork so time to stock up a little.

Quite a bit more than pigs involved.
    Smithfield Foods is a U.S.-based global food company and the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer.

https://www.smithfieldfoods.com/about-smithfield

Popular brands include Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan’s Famous®, Farmland®, Armour®, Farmer John®, Kretschmar®, John Morrell®, Cook’s®, Gwaltney®, Carando®, Margherita®, Curly’s®, Healthy Ones®, Morliny®, Krakus®, and Berlinki®

Bit more than just bacon and lunch meat. Even Healthy Ones frozen meals are impacted.

From the link, annual sales are over 15 billion USD.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If places open now - at least some will have outbreaks like the Smithfield Food plant and then have to close again. The only difference would be the additional sick and dead people.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    INGO SJW’s please take a moment to determine the racist/non-racist bent on each of these new China Flu names:

1. Hong Kong Fluey
    2. Flu Manchu
    3. Ghengis Cough
    4. Sicken Fried Rice
    5. Pu Pu Pandemic

Please advise on which is least rayciss.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You caused me to do some research.

There are about 27,000 deaths per year from falls or about 62/100,000 americans.
    What is worse....it affects the elderly disproportionately!!!

I am getting ready to circulate a petition against ladders and stairs being used in all businesses and residences.
    IF you are at work in a place that has any ladders or stairs and are not essential (which I now know how to identify thanks to Trump and Holcomb) You will be sent home.
    If your house has any stairs then of course we can not send you home. The government will pay to renovate all those old one story road trip motels and pay for you to stay in them while you are displaced.

Now I just need a name for my syndrome...and it's proving to be difficult. Too many old farts resent some of the terms used to identify them. They call them "ageist". The nerve of them people. Maybe someone here can help me, I have compiled a list...

Geezer, Old-Timers, Old Farts, Over the Hill, Elderly, Old, Ancient, Decade Hoarder,

Or we could double down on offensive and be sexist too!

Old Bat, Old Man, Codger.

If only a disease would come along and just wipe them all out, then we wouldn't have to worry about them anymore....and the death rate from falls would go way down!!!! A win-win!
    I like “decade hoarder “.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If places open now - at least some will have outbreaks like the Smithfield Food plant and then have to close again. The only difference would be the additional sick and dead people.
    So, in essence, expanding flu season to accommodate China Flu, will make everything normal again. People will get sick and die during flu season, and we don’t turn off the world, so we extend flu season, and reopen the country at our own risk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom