Warsaw
    1366909996011-mmmm.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Will this be good enough for you IndyDave?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ln-jnzBopw

:yesway:

I never met a doughnut I didn't like.

Word, people who don't like donuts worry me...

OK, so what are our favorites? Personally, I like Krispy Kreme's custard filled chocolate iced doughnuts. When I lived in Plainfield, I never managed to get to that little shop on main street that always sold out by 5:30 in the morning. I hadn't heard of Longs until moving too far away. The other INGO favorites seem to be up on the border with Canada.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm an apple fritter man.

I don't even have to order anymore at my local joint.

However, Rise'n Roll Bakery here in Fort Wayne makes the most delicious yeast donuts.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

There is a bakery in LaPorte somewhere that makes some awesome apple fritters. I buy them at one of my delivery locations when I get out that way. Yeah. They are great.

Man, I really want a donut.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

However, Rise'n Roll Bakery here in Fort Wayne makes the most delicious yeast donuts.

There is a bakery in LaPorte somewhere that makes some awesome apple fritters. I buy them at one of my delivery locations when I get out that way. Yeah. They are great..

I dearly love a good apple fritter. Just wasn't sure which side of the purity test they fall on for being a doughnut or non-doughnut.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I love apple fritters too. I burnt the roof of my mouth on one a couple of weeks ago. I'm a coffee drinker so I've extended the discomfort immeasurably.
    That batchit crazy redhead I date (when we can get along long enough to call it that) makes the best fritters and pastries.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oldy but a goody:

A cop pulled me over and said "Your eyes are red. Have you been smoking weed?"

I said, "Your eyes look glazed. Have you been eating donuts?"

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    :yesway:

OK, so what are our favorites? Personally, I like Krispy Kreme's custard filled chocolate iced doughnuts. When I lived in Plainfield, I never managed to get to that little shop on main street that always sold out by 5:30 in the morning. I hadn't heard of Longs until moving too far away. The other INGO favorites seem to be up on the border with Canada.

Longs! Regular glazed donuts, when there is a line a block long at 5:30am in the middle of winter when the wind chill is -30* you know they must have damn good donuts!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Longs! Regular glazed donuts, when there is a line a block long at 5:30am in the middle of winter when the wind chill is -30* you know they must have damn good donuts!

That sounds even more impressive than the Soup Nazi!

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    I have to say I prefer Longs Donuts.... white cream-filled long johns with chocolate icing.... but again... Dunkin' strawberry frosted, old fashions, and cream-filled are great too. Has anyone ever met the owners of Long's Donuts?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have to say I prefer Longs Donuts.... white cream-filled long johns with chocolate icing.... but again... Dunkin' strawberry frosted, old fashions, and cream-filled are great too. Has anyone ever met the owners of Long's Donuts?

I know of him through a friend, different owners for the one in Indy and the one on the south side.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    What I get will depend on where I go a lot of times. Living in the Louisville area there's a few choices; aside from Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts, there's a place called Plehns bakery, they're phenomenal (especially their cruellers which are croissant like fluffy), or Nords bakery, where anything is good, but the maple glazed lonhjohn with bacon is the top choice.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    I sometimes have to teach basic hazmat response to police officers. I use the Powdered Sugar Doughnut method of getting my point across.

When an officer pull up on a possible hazmat scene, he should do the following;

1. Pull out a powdered sugar doughnut.
    2. Hold it out at arms length.
    3. Look thru the hole in the middle of the doughnut.
    4. If he cannot see the whole incident scene thru the hole, he needs to back up.
    5. Once at a safe distance from the incident scene, he needs to step out of the car and hold up the doughnut in front of him.
    6. If the powdered sugar is blowing on his face, he is Downwind. He should immediately jump in his car and move the the opposite side of the incident.
    7. Wait for Fire Department HazMat to arrive.
    8. Call Dispatch with his new location and then enjoy his doughnut.

There is a reason we call cops BioBots.

I was taught that Cops often get to the wreck first and always lead the way to ID'ing the spill, so then we should use Blue Canaries as Copological Indicators:

So break out the binoculars and use the following list to ID Hazmat incidents.

-If the cop is blue....the spill is an asphyxiant.
    -If the cops shoes are melting....it is a corrosive.
    -If the cop is glowing green... it is radioactive.
    -If the cop is on fire...the spill is a flammable.
    -If the cop is on the ground twitching and doing the kickin' chicken...the spill is a nerve agent.
    -If there is a crater where the cop used to be...it was explosives.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    What I get will depend on where I go a lot of times. Living in the Louisville area there's a few choices; aside from Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts, there's a place called Plehns bakery, they're phenomenal (especially their cruellers which are croissant like fluffy), or Nords bakery, where anything is good, but the maple glazed lonhjohn with bacon is the top choice.

There is a place in Evansville that makes a spectacular cake donut with crumb cake stuff all over it. If I lived closer I'd have diabetes. They are out flipping standing!

Top Bottom