• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    get the price right people, its 125 for a lifetime. 75 to the state, 50 to the local Pd.

To the OP, Id get one just for that one time you forget to remove your handgun from the car after a trip to the range...and get pulled over ;)

steveIU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    You are perfectly legal taking your gun to range without a LTCH. The only reason to obtain a LTCH is to carry that gun to locations other than to the range or to a gun store/shop for service. If you ever want to carry somewhere else you might as well get your LTCH now so you don't have to wait for it.

BUT The decision to carry your gun is very serious and comes with equally serious responsibilities. I feel that letting others decide if for you is a bad idea. It's a very personal choice and you solely own the responsibility should you ever need to make use of the privileges that it provides.

Personally I choose to get mine and carry to protect my life and those that I love should I ever need to yet hope I never do. I understand the responsibility that comes with it and accept it. Just because I do and made that choice or just because others did should not be a factor in your decision.

I hope that you do because one day it may save a life, that life may be yours, hell it may be mine but whether you chose to apply for your LTCH AND carry should be an educated decision of your own. In my opinion a good start to that education are the gun laws that pertain to you and the obituary section of the Sunday paper.

That out of the way, I found this on another forum and found it meaningful, these are not my words but are very well written:

I don’t carry a gun……..
    …to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in this world.

I don’t carry a gun because I am evil. I carry a gun because I’ve lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry. I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because a real man knows how to take care and protect their property, themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing armed thugs I am inadequate.
    This is very well written in my opinion.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Because you can is reason enough. There are folks in other parts of the country that would give their right...er...uh...Hand..Yeah..That's it...To have the freedom you have as a Hoosier.

Coyotes and Bobcats don't ask other members of their respected animal genus things like..."Should wear my teeth and claws today??? C'mon...What do y'all think? Should I?"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    There are only 125 (a few more if you opt for the electronic fingerprinting) reasons not to get your LTCH but an almost unlimited number of possible regrets for not getting it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Would you buy a screwdriver or a hammer that you couldn't take somewhere and use without a license? Why would you buy a pistol that you can't have with you when you need it? Get the license. It doesn't obligate you to carry, but it allows it if you decide you want to.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Get your LTCH so you can't be busted for having a gun within 1000ft of school property on the way to the range. In Indiana, the federal distance limitation is lifted with having the state license. You just won't be able to have it on school property, which shouldn't be an issue if you're just going to the range.

Unless the range is in another state.....

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Since I'm waiting for the handgun I want to get in stock (it'll be a few months), I have a little extra money and have been considering getting my LTCH. Problem is, I don't plan on carrying. Just going to the range.

I suppose it'd come in handy since if I ever did want/need to carry, getting an LTCH is the only way. Also, so I could lower the chances of getting in trouble going to/from the range (police don't beleive me, forget to take it out after a range trip, don't have it secured correctly according to the police, etc) or in other situations where my handgun is with me in my car.

Guess its always better to be prepared. SO...am I just wasting my money or should I go for it?

I don't care what you do.
    Do whatever you want.

Grim714

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Dayton Indiana
    Why wouldn't you. It's relatively cheep in the grand scheme of things. It's better to be able to cc legally when you decide you need to than go 6 weeks waiting on your license

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Its $125 for a lifetime license. I know a couple of people who dont even own handguns who still have it. Its not going anywhere anytime soon, that isnt a concern, but you hit the nail on the head. What if you get a stalker, someone threatens you, or you just want to go to an awful part of town for some reason. If you have your LTCH, no worries. If you dont, you will be waiting at least a week for it, when you may have decided you needed it IMMEDIATELY!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Get caught transporting it to the range without one.. and you'll be wishing you had one!

I guarantee it!
    Why's that? It's legal to transport an unloaded handgun in a case that's not within immediate reach to and from the range without a license to carry now.

Top Bottom