• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Alas, this is a timely topic for rhino. He has allowed himself to be hornswoggled into attending an event that requires attire absent from his wardrobe for decades.

Question for the group: the only non-nylon belt I have is my Daltech Force Super BioBelt. Is it adequate for "dress"/non-casual wear (gray pants, white shirt, etc)? Or do I need something more appropriate? Or maybe just a subdued buckle?

Oy! Too complicated!

I wear my BioBelt everyday, including church and work (business casual). Only time I have a bit of a problem is when I wear my suit the BioBelt is too thick to go through my belt loops twice, so I just have to run it outside the belt loops. It's not much of a problem though.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will be getting some suspenders and have buttons attached inside the waistband for them.

Don't know if I'll go with the suit jacket or not. This will be June and I don't do well in heat.
    I believe you're looking for what are typically referred to as braces. A couple of days ago I was thinking just the same thing. I'd like to try the Lumbergh look.

1266_3847573039_723f32b7d7_b.jpg

But then, how to carry?

And for the love of Pete, don't look this this!!!
    9003290745_67fefac520_o-L.jpg

(Of note: cheap clips, suspenders plus belt, baggy pants, horrible tie...)

PS - Is this that Bio Belt you guys are talking about? Because searching for Bio Belt turns up some strange results...

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    PS - Is this that Bio Belt you guys are talking about? Because searching for Bio Belt turns up some strange results...

Yes, that's the BioBelt I was referring to. :)

EDIT 1: And I think at one time there was an INGO discount code for DalTech Force. Not sure what it was though.

EDIT 2: The code is "INGO" and is for $5 off.

RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    There is no one correct answer to your question. Personally I prefer a shoulder holster when I am wearing a suite and/or tie. But that is my personal preference. It really is a personal preference though. You will have to try different holster to determine what is more comfortable for you. I have numerous holsters that I use depending on what I am wearing and where I am going.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    I carry a 5" 1911 in a Milt Sparks (Summer Special II) in a a suit.

Holster AND belt. Some guys always want to be cheap bastards and not get a proper belt. Get a proper belt.

Ensure that your tailor knows you are carrying and how.

This. Have your tailor measure you with a gun on and fit your jackets accordingly. They can do this for bespoke stuff as well as just adjusting off the rack jackets. If you have a coat that fits and the right dress belt, you can carry a full-size gun OWB no problem.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Just FYI (may have some folks here new to carrying), the work around for the 'hug' thing is to hug with the 'gun side' hand down, going around THEIR waist, and the 'off hand' up and around their shoulder.

WRONG. The correct method is to bend at the waist, and go for the double-low hug. This protects both your firearm and your spare magazines. It also shows that you are the EXTRA nice guy.

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    My Galco King-Tuk works well all around with a G23, from Cargo shorts/T-shirt to slacks/dress shirt. If I get a question about the clips, I tell them it's a cell-phone carrier. Your belt quality is probably more important than the holster.

A fellow CC'er uses a SmartCarry when anything else won't work, like with athletic shorts, sweatpants, etc. I'm too fat for the SmartCarry...

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    I go with a Sneaky Pete in casual and dress (suit and tie). Looks like a cell phone holder and, won't raise eyebrows in a crowd. Nice materials (leather, gator,and nylon). Colors (black or brown). Fits my summer carry (ppk) nicely, and I dont look like I have a clostomy bag on my side. A .357 hides well under a winter coat.

dmbowditch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    What is a smart carry.... I've looked and can't find anything on the web. Just curious as to what you were referring to

Top Bottom